Shane91

Feud (2017) First look at Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford

JoeySoCal    1,000

First review of the television series event of the season:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/14/feud-ew-review/

I've been on the fence about this since I find Ryan Murphy's projects wildly uneven and sometimes worth watching, sometimes not; but having read this mostly positive review and watching the first preview, I'm really looking forward to it!  I can't help wonder aloud whether successful if -- not unlike his AHS series -- he'll continue with more embattled adversaries; I for one would like to see a project in a similar vein about long-feuding sisters Joan Fontaine and Olivia DeHavilland.  :peachonthebeach:

Freddie2    796

Here's a great Q&A with Bette I'd never heard before. Enjoy Ms. Davis sharing her views on Joan Crawford (her public view, anyway), Ronald Reagan, being a bitch, favorite leading men and theatrical nudity.

Just got around to watching this. I love how professional Bette was. Nowadays she'd be getting into a Twitter war with Joan.

She always sounded very diplomatic and (fairly) kind about Reagan even though it was clear their politics didn't match. I wonder if she'd behave the same way were she able to witness our current situation. Diplomacy or not- Donny is no Ronny!

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,407

Just got around to watching this. I love how professional Bette was. Nowadays she'd be getting into a Twitter war with Joan.

She always sounded very diplomatic and (fairly) kind about Reagan even though it was clear their politics didn't match. I wonder if she'd behave the same way were she able to witness our current situation. Diplomacy or not- Donny is no Ronny!

Bette and Joan in a Twitter war, now there's something that'd be fun to see.

• Like 1

Freddie2    796

Bette and Joan in a Twitter war, now there's something that'd be fun to see.

From the set of Hush… Hush, Sweet Charlotte, 1964:

@MissBetteDavis: "@JCOfficial has been taking a "bathroom break" in her trailer going on 3 hours now- What a dump!"

@JCOfficial: "A certain costar of mine has reported to TMZ that I have been drunk on the set of HHSH. Complete and utter fake news. I have not been intoxicated in any form."

@MissBetteDavis: "BUT Y'ARE @JCOfficial!!! Y'ARE DRUNK!!!"

@JCOfficial: "I don't know if @MissBetteDavis thinks she's being funny by constantly leaving wire hangers in my trailer, but it's just petty and cruel."

@MissBetteDavis: "Somebody's got a Pepsi bottle stuck up her ass today! #bitchstolemyoscar"

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,407

From the set of Hush… Hush, Sweet Charlotte, 1964:

@MissBetteDavis: "@JCOfficial has been taking a "bathroom break" in her trailer going on 3 hours now- What a dump!"

@JCOfficial: "A certain costar of mine has reported to TMZ that I have been drunk on the set of HHSH. Complete and utter fake news. I have not been intoxicated in any form."

@JCOfficial: "I don't know if @MissBetteDavis thinks she's being funny by constantly leaving wire hangers in my trailer, but it's just petty and cruel."

@MissBetteDavis: "Somebody's got a Pepsi bottle stuck up her ass today! #bitchstolemyoscar"

LMAO! These are terrific! Love the #bitchstolemyoscar

@JCOfficial: @MissBetteDavis can outbitch @LUCYBall any day of the week!

@MissBetteDavis: I was lucky I broke my leg and couldn't do her show. Poor @TallulahDAHLING deserves martyrdom for that one.

@TallulahDAHLING: Oh @MissBetteDavis, you are sweet. There's nothing I couldn't say to your face...both of them.

• Like 2

Brock    3,301

From the set of Hush… Hush, Sweet Charlotte, 1964:

LMAO! These are terrific! Love the #bitchstolemyoscar

@JCOfficial: @MissBetteDavis can outbitch @LUCYBall any day of the week!

@MissBetteDavis: I was lucky I broke my leg and couldn't do her show. Poor @TallulahDAHLING deserves martyrdom for that one.

@TallulahDAHLING: Oh @MissBetteDavis, you are sweet. There's nothing I couldn't say to your face...both of them.

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

HILARIOUS!

Brock    3,301

It's Oscar night -- and the one-week countdown! So, watch this and spend the next seven days soaking yourself (and your statuettes) in all the waters of the world:

Brock    3,301

One more sleep!

A friend of mine is hosting a viewing party tomorrow night. :HALKING: He's placed a lengthy order ar Johnson's.

• Like 3

Shane91    127

I guess once this airs we might all be doing out Comic book guy impressions...

Brock    3,301

I guess once this airs we might all be doing out Comic book guy impressions...

Or, re-enacting this at the drop of a hat!

• Like 1

Brock    3,301

I adored it. Of course, there were many artistic liberties but it was very well done, the writing was fantastic and our leading ladies did a wondaful job.

• Like 1