The Desi Photo Thread

Brock

Love this pic of Daisy Desi (I've never heard the Daisy bit before -- too funny!)

One of the nicest head shots I've seen of him at this age, but the suit looks way too big on him.

Thanks for posting this!

I think Desi referred to it himself in his book and there were other mispronounciations by her too.

Love this pic of Daisy Desi (I've never heard the Daisy bit before -- too funny!)

One of the nicest head shots I've seen of him at this age, but the suit looks way too big on him.

Thanks for posting this!

Depending on when this photo was taken, maybe it's the only one he could smuggle out of Cuba; and he might have missed some meals in the beginning, as well. From filthy rich to dirt poor will take some of the stuffing out of a body....

Knowing what was going on at that time makes this photo so touching. I had seen it before but not in the context for whatever it was shot for. It’s an article on the buying of RKO and the expanding of the studio. It’s a really great spread, and we have seen some of the photos before. Many of the pictures from this spread were used in the Home Movies doc. Do a search on Google’s Life magazine section and you can read the whole article. It’s very Desi focused. Another thing with this photo is back at the 100 year Lucy birthday mark Life released those unseen photos and there was a shot of this from a different angle. Dumb me didn’t save any of those photos and I can’t find them anywhere online again.

I had always wanted to know what the context/caption was for this photo. The caption reads something about Lucy finishing her work for the day on set. It seems like there is so much more going on than just that. This is in my top 10 of photos of Lucy and Desi ever and it’s because it has so much emotion caught in it. The other photo I like that is in this spread is the photo of Desi holding a book deep in thought and Lucy in a painter’s hat (I believe from the Bearle episode) resting on his shoulder.

Hi Luvsbway, ITA re how much emotion is captured in those photos. Very touching.

I went looking on Pinterest and I think I found the ones you were looking for (plus a couple more)

image_zps2931bb4c.jpg

image_zps2fd75249.jpg

Desi behind the camera:

image_zpsce0cd296.jpg

image_zps5c87f661.jpg

Funny, from this shot she looks enchanted, thrilled to be in his arms. But from the first one, i always interpreted it as him hugging her and her being totally immobile not hugging back, seemingly uninterested, but now we know, from the other shot, that that was certainly not the case. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT!

Funny, from this shot she looks enchanted, thrilled to be in his arms. But from the first one, i always interpreted it as him hugging her and her being totally immobile not hugging back, seemingly uninterested, but now we know, from the other shot, that that was certainly not the case. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT!

My pleasure, Claude!