The Desi Photo Thread

Brock

What, huh, who now?

The story goes that Hedda confided to Lucy that her son Dennis, who co starred with Burr on Perry Mason was having an affair with him. Lucy had told Hedda that if she wanted to know all about Lucy's private life, she would have to confide in her about her own problems. I was kidding about Lucy wanting to make the moves on Raymond on the set of Magic Carpet as he was not her type and she was preggars at the time anyway, LOL!

...Hedda Hopper told her about the affair Raymond Burr was having with her son Dennis on Perry Mason

:hlLOL: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hlLOL: #1 = Imagining Dennis Hopper as Hedda's son

:hlLOL: #2 = Imagining Hedda Hopper as Dennis' mother

:hlLOL: #3 = Imagining Dennis Hopper having an affair with Raymond Burr.

Burr's Perry Mason co-star -- and Hedda's son -- was William Hopper. ;)

(this may top HC's post about "Nanette Fabrary" as my favourite Lounge typo of all time. lol)

(this may top HC's post about "Nanette Fabrary" as my favourite Lounge typo of all time. lol)

Thanks, Brock; so far off, it was unreal....thinking it a 'plant', I didn't comment. William, it is....

Oh my, old age ain't for sissies indeed!

The story goes that Hedda confided to Lucy that her son Dennis, who co starred with Burr on Perry Mason was having an affair with him. Lucy had told Hedda that if she wanted to know all about Lucy's private life, she would have to confide in her about her own problems. I was kidding about Lucy wanting to make the moves on Raymond on the set of Magic Carpet as he was not her type and she was preggars at the time anyway, LOL!

Plus the fact that the Perry Mason series came along well after Magic Carpet was filmed! :lucyeww:

That's the first time I've seen Desi with a mustache since he was cultivating one in an I Love Lucy episode & touching it up with a pencil .

Do you know if they dated, Brock? I wondered when I saw that they are holding hands in this pic.

That was going to be my question, as well; thanks for asking it, 'viv'; anyone know? She was married to Joe Hyams, November 1964; when was picture taken?; perhaps Desi, who was 'happily' married to Edie by 1964, was a friend of Hyams and introduced them???? All speculation, of course. Harry, Brock, anyone got any 'ideas' about this?

That's the first time I've seen Desi with a mustache since he was cultivating one in an I Love Lucy episode & touching it up with a pencil :) .

Do you know if they dated, Brock? I wondered when I saw that they are holding hands in this pic.

I hope they weren't. He was a married man at this time. Lol

Elke Sommer was set to costar on Desi's unproduced sitcom "Chairman of the Board" in 1974. Desi and Edie were briefly separated around this time, so maybe Desi and Elke were an item. Although marriage never stopped Desi before.

Really? I'd never heard Desi and Edie were ever separated. Interesting.