LucyFest 2017

Brock

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, Gaffigan Named Comedy Festival Headliner, Officials:  Comedy Center Will Not Be Open By Annual August Event, by Gavin Paterniti, "NCC officials confirm the forthcoming institution under construction won't open for 2017 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival. However, work continues in the build-out of the BPU Building, addition of exterior screens facing 2nd St., build-out of patio on 2nd St. area, a community space and connection to riverfront.  Work also continues on interior with more than 70 interactive exhibits, all based on an experience in comedic arts. Jim Gaffigan is announced as headliner, Northwest Arena, Thursday, August 3, part of next year's comedy festival;" published, 2016. 

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, Gaffigan Named Comedy Festival Headliner, Officials: Comedy Center Will Not Be Open By Annual August Event, by Gavin Paterniti, "NCC officials confirm the forthcoming institution under construction won't open for 2017 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival. However, work continues in the build-out of the BPU Building, addition of exterior screens facing 2nd St., build-out of patio on 2nd St. area, a community space and connection to riverfront. Work also continues on interior with more than 70 interactive exhibits, all based on an experience in comedic arts. Jim Gaffigan is announced as headliner, Northwest Arena, Thursday, August 3, part of next year's comedy festival;" published, 2016.

Well big surprise, it's not opening this summer. Wonder why? Journey hasn't raised enough money auctioning off Lucy's originals? ????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

How much/many exhibits and materials do they have for the NCC?

Gregg:  WISH I KNEW 'someone' who actually KNOWS: and will talk; see my comments/concerns re October RUN; comments regarding Chautauqua connection; etc.  Your QUESTION above is a VERY GOOD ONE; thanks for doing it; I would also like to hear more from TAYLOR, who knows 'something' about Journey auctioning off treasures should have been kept in archive....

I'm STILL CONCERNED....Loving you, JK :fabrary: 

SURPRISE, SURPRISE; THE SECRETARY RETURNS!!!! 

SHE WHO SAID SHE WOULD NOT HONOR US WITH HER PRESENCE WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF HER "idol" arrdubya!!!!  MAYBE HE'S 'BACK'!!!!  I'm STILL CONCERNED!!!!!

:huh::MrsRichardCarlson:

Ms. Clark has been to Jamestown a number of times since the Wyman era, Joyce.

It seems everything in Jamestown is "controversial" this year....

What in the world is a arrdubya?

Nooooooooo!!! Lets not go there!! Well...I'm sure someone will clarify soon but in the meantime...just Google "fungus" and go from there!! :HALKING:

KIDDING!!! :vanda:

:huh::MrsRichardCarlson:

Thanks Brock, I thought so but didn't want to say anything well....controversial! :blink:

Gregg:  WISH I KNEW 'someone' who actually KNOWS: and will talk; see my comments/concerns re October RUN; comments regarding Chautauqua connection; etc.  Your QUESTION above is a VERY GOOD ONE; thanks for doing it; I would also like to hear more from TAYLOR, who knows 'something' about Journey auctioning off treasures should have been kept in archive....

I'm STILL CONCERNED....Loving you, JK :fabrary:

I don't know anything about Journey auctioning off Lucy's stuff other than what came out a few years ago. I have my suspicions about the woman as someone told me Journey is doing the same stuff but on the down low and that she's not to be trusted, but I can't prove anything. She definitely doesn't have Lucy's legacy in mind. She's all about rubbing elbows with the rich and famous and being associated with modern comics.

• Like 1

Hmmmm... will that end up in the Chronology too?? Should make an interesting chapter! :peachonthebeach:

NONE OF IT!!!! 

I promised Lucie, and stand on it; no SMUT in the chronology....enough said; and I keep my promises.

It's just that, even though ONLY a VOLUNTEER, although a nearly full-time one for nearly 5 years, [from 10/2002-7/2007, I WAS one of the 'FORMERS' [a name I dreamed up] who went on-line to 'talk' to those who were lied to about circumstances surrounding the inner-working of the Center at the time (2005 & beyond and leading up to the GREAT FIRE); giving each who chose a chance to give testimony.

We were given the opportunity by a benefactor, who chooses to remain anonymous, and I agreed to put myself 'out there' with my name; was sent $$ by messenger to put my name on the website which was set up in our name; boy, did that ever get me in a pickle and a near-world of HURT!!!!  But, a ton of the TRUTH as WE KNEW it was on line over a year.

I don't regret a minute of it; sometimes the truth hurts......  :fabrary:

:huh: :MrsRichardCarlson:

Brock:  Just reporting back what I'd been told she had said to them about arrdubya's absence .....  AND Hers! :D 

I don't know anything about Journey auctioning off Lucy's stuff other than what came out a few years ago. I have my suspicions about the woman as someone told me Journey is doing the same stuff but on the down low and that she's not to be trusted, but I can't prove anything. She definitely doesn't have Lucy's legacy in mind. She's all about rubbing elbows with the rich and famous and being associated with modern comics.

Thanks, Taylor, luv!

I get the feeling I'm viewed as less-than-knowledgeable lately; my memory is still with me; and what many of my friends, paid employees; and other volunteers, suffered during the reign of you-know-who.  Others in charge were also capable of underhandedness in the ensuing years; perhaps that why Wanda was in discontent!

Paid, er, compensated for her appearance. :fabrary: 

Thanks, Taylor, luv!

I get the feeling I'm viewed as less-than-knowledgeable lately; my memory is still with me; and what many of my friends, paid employees; and other volunteers, suffered during the reign of you-know-who.  Others in charge were also capable of underhandedness in the ensuing years; perhaps that why Wanda was in discontent!

Paid, er, compensated for her appearance. :fabrary:

Joyce,

that last part kinda bothers me, so what if she's paid to come to the festivals? I doubt anyone else is doing it for nothing; at the very least, they're likely having their expenses (i.e. travel, hotel, meals) covered and why shouldn't they?  Maybe I'm missing something here but to most life-long fans (and being a big personal fan of The Lady herself, having met her first when I was a "kid" in my 20s!), having Wanda Clark's (continued) participation and involvement in these events should certainly be considered a draw, if not a coup! 

Yup.... always loved Wanda, always will! :lucycoy:

Brock:  Just reporting back what I'd been told she had said to them about arrdubya's absence .....  AND Hers! :D

Checked with MY source; given bad info by the 'other' one; Wanda was here May, 2009 (following year of GREAT FIRE); arrdubya, interviewee, apparently!!!; and once again, in August, 2013.....  JK :fabrary: