LucyFest 2017

Brock

Joyce,

that last part kinda bothers me, so what if she's paid to come to the festivals? I doubt anyone else is doing it for nothing; at the very least, they're likely having their expenses (i.e. travel, hotel, meals) covered and why shouldn't they?  Maybe I'm missing something here but to most life-long fans (and being a big personal fan of The Lady herself, having met her first when I was a "kid" in my 20s!), having Wanda Clark's (continued) participation and involvement in these events should certainly be considered a draw, if not a coup! 

Yup.... always loved Wanda, always will! :lucycoy:

Have NO PROBLEM with guests being paid!   Sorry you assumed I did/do.... :(

This was an issue with arrdubya being gone; and what I was told about her non-appearance(s) feelings; the Center was hurting . . . BAD . . . after the max exodus of family, board members; no director; one hired; didn't last long; still $$ problems until Journey came on board and the 'family' began their 'faith' in same with the self-appointed several board(s) of Directors; we have some good ones now, I believe; but, the whole $$ thing until the Comedy Center came into planning stages and $$ returning. 

Let's get this straight; early years we had, for about 5 years, a million(!!!) $ mail order catalog purchase business [PER YEAR!!!!]; I did filing for same, and believe me, that kept money in the coffers (or somewhere close); heard some hard rumors about that, too; (and from the person, also a FORMER, who ran the department. The mail order department soon closed; employees laid off; etc.

So much has been swept under the rug on the early years, at this point in time, it's sad to even remember; but, if he's working his way back in, there will be more 'difficulties', believe it!  I'm still CONCERNED, VERY CONCERNED!  Loving you, JK :fabrary:

• Like 1

Robert Klein and Kevin James have been added to the lineup!

http://www.post-journal.com/news/page-one/2017/05/kevin-james-robert-klein-added-to-2017-comedy-fest-lineup/

If Klein is coming, I wonder if Lucie will pop in.

From Palm Springs to Jamestown is quite a "pop"! :blink:

Hopefully .... she doesn't fly United! :HALKING:

(Wonder if she ever charters a plane for ocassions such as this?? Seems it'd be much easier since I know of no direct flights from here to there!)

From Palm Springs to Jamestown is quite a "pop"! :blink:

Hopefully .... she doesn't fly United! :HALKING:

(Wonder if she ever charters a plane for ocassions such as this?? Seems it'd be much easier since I know of no direct flights from here to there!)

Since the Post-Journal mentions a Desi Arnaz Birthday tribute event is part of the festivities, it wouldn't surprise me Lucie will be a surprise guest.  Time will tell.  Thanks, Brock, for posting the article.  JK :fabrary: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

May 22, 2017: 

Received via e-mail from NCC:

National Comedy Center - Tickets for Kevin James, Robert Klein, Jim Gaffigan and more on sale tomorrow, May 23, at Noon EST;

"Tickets for Kevin James, Robert Klein, Jim Gaffigan, and 50+ events,

4 days, Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, go on-sale to the public tomorrow, May 23, noon EST. Additional events and performers yet to be announced;" posted, 2017.

• 4 weeks later...

Posting it here first, before any rumors get out. I will be making my return to Lucyfest this year. I don't have any plan really so I'm free if anyone wants to get into any shenanigans.

that's great!!! I can't make it this year but hopefully I will be there next year! especially since I live just over an hour away now!!

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, Stay & Play Section, Lisa Lampanelli Added To Comedy Fest, Partnering with world-renowned Chautauqua Institution, a week titled 'Comedy and the Human Condition,' 7/31-8/6, is Lisa Lampanelli.  NCC this year celebrates the 100th birthday year of visionary and entertainment mogul, Desi Arnaz; Comedy Center dialogues include 'A Conversation with Alan Zweibel,', 'Comedy and the First Amendment,' featuring Kitty Bruce, daughter of Lenny Bruce, at partner, Robert H. Jackson CenterNCC presents a week-long sneak preview exhibit of George Carlin Archives, acquired in 2016.  NCC embodies Lucille Ball's vision for her hometown to become a destination for the celebration of the comedic arts;" [Further information:  including support from I LOVE NY, visit:  www.NationalComedyCenter.org]; [full-page article shortened for effect]; published, 2017.