Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mot Morenzi

What's the episode where...?

Recommended Posts

I couldn't find an equivalent thread for this so I thought I'd start a new one.

 

When you recall a particular line or moment from one of Lucy's shows, but can't remember the specific episode, ask about it here to track down the answer.

 

For the first question, what episode has Ricky confused over the proper name for hotcakes (tortillas, flap-cakes, hot-jacks)? I know it's from an episode I've seen many times and I'll probably feel like a dunce when someone tells me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this problem the other day trying to recall the Here's Lucy where Harry was watching Cleopatra.

 

That was "Lucy Plays Cops and Robbers"  

"She can float down MY barge anytime"

I can't imagine what widescreen "Cleopatra" looked like an a 4:3 aspect ratio TV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:blink::vanda::HALKING:

"The Kleptomaniac" was on one of the very first tapes I got. Volume 10, as I recall. Once I started getting the DVDs, I tended to skip over the ones I'd already seen, focusing on shows which were new to me. I haven't gone back and rewatched a lot of them since then, especially ones which weren't favorites of mine, such as this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately I've had a random Fred line floating around my head for some reason: "Wait 'til I tell my old outfit that the Kaiser's still alive."

 

Is that from The Moustache?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm drawing a blank on a quote, but can hear Lucy saying it.

Lucy: (coolly) I'm not ____, I'm just observant.

My brain keeps circling back to Electric Mattress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brock said:

I'm drawing a blank on a quote, but can hear Lucy saying it.

Lucy: (coolly) I'm not ____, I'm just observant.

My brain keeps circling back to Electric Mattress. 

Now this bugs me too. I recall it and when I hear it I always think it was an adlib. Can't place it though. I'll keep thinking. Viv and her were doing something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a flash -- I think it's Off to Florida when Lucy shows Ethel how she found the jack. I think, but can't check right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brock said:

I had a flash -- I think it's Off to Florida when Lucy shows Ethel how she found the jack. I think, but can't check right now. 

You are right. I knew it was something they were doing that had some kind of physical labor associated with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 4, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Irene Kampen Tripp said:

This Desi line stays with me but dang if i can recall where its from:

"Honey It's a nice thought.  But as usual you have no logical splanation for doin it the way your doin it."

Darn...I remember the line but can't place it either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 6, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Irene Kampen Tripp said:

NoI know the episode it's from!  'Lucy Hires an English Tutor".  I had it on while cleaning house and heard that great Desi saying "doin it the way you're doin it" and STOPPED in my tracks!!

And I just watched that one a month back or so! No wonder it struck a bell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this moment was from The Lucy Show - a great Viv scene. She says something along the lines of:

"Well, thank you, Lucy! That's really nice of- wait a minute!"

Her split-second change from grateful to irritated was so well done. Any recollections of what episode it's in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I think this moment was from The Lucy Show - a great Viv scene. She says something along the lines of:

"Well, thank you, Lucy! That's really nice of- wait a minute!"

Her split-second change from grateful to irritated was so well done. Any recollections of what episode it's in?

This is probably not it but in "Christmas", Lucy doesn't want the oyster dressing and reveals to Viv that "you're not supposed to eat oysters in a month with an R in it".  Viv: (something like)  "Gee, it's a good thing you remembered that because.....wait a minute.  You're supposed to eat oyster in months that DO have an R."   Other than this episode, I never heard of the whole oyster/R-month rule.   Why aren't you supposed to eat oysters May through August?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neil said:

This is probably not it but in "Christmas", Lucy doesn't want the oyster dressing and reveals to Viv that "you're not supposed to eat oysters in a month with an R in it".  Viv: (something like)  "Gee, it's a good thing you remembered that because.....wait a minute.  You're supposed to eat oyster in months that DO have an R."   Other than this episode, I never heard of the whole oyster/R-month rule.   Why aren't you supposed to eat oysters May through August?

It has to do with freshness and heat I think. Like in the summer they once could not be kept cold. With better refrigeration technology that is not a rule anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neil said:

This is probably not it but in "Christmas", Lucy doesn't want the oyster dressing and reveals to Viv that "you're not supposed to eat oysters in a month with an R in it".  Viv: (something like)  "Gee, it's a good thing you remembered that because.....wait a minute.  You're supposed to eat oyster in months that DO have an R."   Other than this episode, I never heard of the whole oyster/R-month rule.   Why aren't you supposed to eat oysters May through August?

That is a funny moment, but not the one I'm remembering. I seem to think it had something to do with the fire department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I'm recalling a line about "...bring back Mahjong!" but I can't place it for the life of me. I'm picturing Lucy saying it, so was it from one of her shows?

That’s one of Ethel’s insults when trying to pick a fight in The Ricardos Are Interviewed. Ethel says that Lucy’s bridge playing may “bring back Mahjong.”

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...