What's the episode where...?

I couldn't find an equivalent thread for this so I thought I'd start a new one.

When you recall a particular line or moment from one of Lucy's shows, but can't remember the specific episode, ask about it here to track down the answer.

For the first question, what episode has Ricky confused over the proper name for hotcakes (tortillas, flap-cakes, hot-jacks)? I know it's from an episode I've seen many times and I'll probably feel like a dunce when someone tells me.

I had this problem the other day trying to recall the Here's Lucy where Harry was watching Cleopatra.

That was "Lucy Plays Cops and Robbers"  

"She can float down MY barge anytime"

I can't imagine what widescreen "Cleopatra" looked like an a 4:3 aspect ratio TV. 

:blink::vanda::HALKING:

"The Kleptomaniac" was on one of the very first tapes I got. Volume 10, as I recall. Once I started getting the DVDs, I tended to skip over the ones I'd already seen, focusing on shows which were new to me. I haven't gone back and rewatched a lot of them since then, especially ones which weren't favorites of mine, such as this.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Brock said:

I'm drawing a blank on a quote, but can hear Lucy saying it.

Lucy: (coolly) I'm not ____, I'm just observant.

My brain keeps circling back to Electric Mattress. 

Now this bugs me too. I recall it and when I hear it I always think it was an adlib. Can't place it though. I'll keep thinking. Viv and her were doing something.

• Like 1

On December 6, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Irene Kampen Tripp said:

NoI know the episode it's from!  'Lucy Hires an English Tutor".  I had it on while cleaning house and heard that great Desi saying "doin it the way you're doin it" and STOPPED in my tracks!!

And I just watched that one a month back or so! No wonder it struck a bell. 

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I think this moment was from The Lucy Show - a great Viv scene. She says something along the lines of:

"Well, thank you, Lucy! That's really nice of- wait a minute!"

Her split-second change from grateful to irritated was so well done. Any recollections of what episode it's in?

This is probably not it but in "Christmas", Lucy doesn't want the oyster dressing and reveals to Viv that "you're not supposed to eat oysters in a month with an R in it".  Viv: (something like)  "Gee, it's a good thing you remembered that because.....wait a minute.  You're supposed to eat oyster in months that DO have an R."   Other than this episode, I never heard of the whole oyster/R-month rule.   Why aren't you supposed to eat oysters May through August?

4 hours ago, Neil said:

This is probably not it but in "Christmas", Lucy doesn't want the oyster dressing and reveals to Viv that "you're not supposed to eat oysters in a month with an R in it".  Viv: (something like)  "Gee, it's a good thing you remembered that because.....wait a minute.  You're supposed to eat oyster in months that DO have an R."   Other than this episode, I never heard of the whole oyster/R-month rule.   Why aren't you supposed to eat oysters May through August?

It has to do with freshness and heat I think. Like in the summer they once could not be kept cold. With better refrigeration technology that is not a rule anymore. 

9 hours ago, Neil said:

That is a funny moment, but not the one I'm remembering. I seem to think it had something to do with the fire department.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I'm recalling a line about "...bring back Mahjong!" but I can't place it for the life of me. I'm picturing Lucy saying it, so was it from one of her shows?

That’s one of Ethel’s insults when trying to pick a fight in The Ricardos Are Interviewed. Ethel says that Lucy’s bridge playing may “bring back Mahjong.”

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...