MeTV Best Character Poll

LittleRickyII

It's down to the final two:  Lucy Ricardo and Andy Taylor.

According to the site:  "The winner will be announced on April 1st. Don’t forget to tune into MeTV on April 1st @ 9/8C for a special viewing event to honor the winning character.

Thanks for helping us crown MeTV’s Most Memorable Character for 2017!"

Special viewing event?  I wonder what that could be?

http://metv.com/me_madness

• Like 1

They also say this:  "On Friday, March 31, at 9PM | 8C, MeTV will air a special hour of programming featuring the winning character!"

I don't get it.  They announce the winner on April 1st, but air a special featuring the winning character on March 31???

Maybe it will be a day-long back to back showings of "Here's Lucy"'s "Lucy and Andy Griffith", interspersed with Lucy and Andy on the "Tennessee Ernie Ford" special.   Maybe a clip or two of Lucy and Andy in the "Opening Night" specials.  I can't think of other times the two worked together. 

Maybe it will be a day-long back to back showings of "Here's Lucy"'s "Lucy and Andy Griffith", interspersed with Lucy and Andy on the "Tennessee Ernie Ford" special.   Maybe a clip or two of Lucy and Andy in the "Opening Night" specials.  I can't think of other times the two worked together. 

If they run "Lucy and Andy Griffith," that would guarantee nobody would stick around to see who wins the poll!

• Like 2

It's down to the final two:  Lucy Ricardo and Andy Taylor.

According to the site:  "The winner will be announced on April 1st. Don’t forget to tune into MeTV on April 1st @ 9/8C for a special viewing event to honor the winning character.

Thanks for helping us crown MeTV’s Most Memorable Character for 2017!"

Special viewing event?  I wonder what that could be?

http://metv.com/me_madness

Thanks, I voted

• Like 1

Neil:  I was thinking the VERY SAME THING when I read the final TWO;  JK :fabrary:

I don't disagree that Lucy Ricardo should easily win this, and I'm certainly not surprised she is one of the final two, but I am surprised that Andy Taylor is is the other finalist and beat out everyone else.  This competition is among characters on shows that air on MeTV.  These include Mary Richards and those other wonderful characters on The Mary Tyler Moore Show; Sam Malone and the other wonderful characters from Cheers; Beaver Cleaver; the characters from Taxi; and most significantly of all, Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton.  Back in the '70s and '80s, there was sort of an ongoing debate about whether I Love Lucy or The Honeymooners was the greatest sitcom ever.  These days The Honeymooners doesn't seem to be held in the same regard as it used to be.  It's still rerun, but not as frequently and does not seem to have as passionate a following.  I would have never thought Andy Taylor would have beat out Ralph Kramden in such a match-up.  This kind of perplexes me.  I still find The Honeymooners as funny as ever and watch it whenever I have a chance.  So why does it seem to be less loved than it used to be?

• Like 1