Decades Lucy shows on April 26th

mickie

On April 26, 2017 Decades will be airing Lucy's 1974 interview on the Dick Cavett Show along with selected episodes of I Love Lucy, The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour and The Lucy Show.

Here is a link to their schedule on April 26th:

http://www.decades.com/schedule/

Mickie:  TX for posting; great entry for the chronology!!  JK :fabrary: 

Do you have any idea if I can pull it up online?  Perhaps I can watch THAT way!  Thanks!  JK :fabrary:

I think they are only an over-the-air broadcast channel, and may be carried on some cable systems in cities where it also broadcasts over the air.  But they do at least have this Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvN9ZZcikXioxCb2BKCXGw No live online broadcasting, though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Another Decades Lucy Show marathon this weekend.  They started with season 2 "Cleopatra" and will make it all the way through to "Boss of the Year".  It looks like a few are missing.  No "Mainstreet", which is fine with me. 

These are fun to watch.  Season 2 is one winner after another.  Even the duds are only duds compared to the rest of the season.   Currently they're in the middle of season 4, one that forum people are divided on.   I'm PRO season 4.  I think she looks the best she ever did in the 60s during this season. Yes, some episodes are pretty far-fetched and a few REAL duds ("Mickey Rooney", "Rain Goddess", "Superwoman"  "Robot"). I just watched "Danny Thomas".   I don't find Lucy conspicuously older-looking than the other chorus girls.  And oh those gams!  Lucy's ruining take after take is done with such ease, disguising just how hard it is to make this type of comedy work.   I also like Mickey Manners as the actor Lucy confuses, a stand-out performance.  And that part of the script is cleverly written.  As is the whole show, really.   The dialogue is funny without being "joke-y".   The scene where Mooney hires Lucy as his secretary is cut.  Wags have accused this episode as being a direct steal from ILL's "Gets in Pictures".  But really it's only 1 minute at the end.  And the only things she does that are the same are:  1) dropping to the floor after the prop man lets go of the Empire State Building;  2) Tilting trying to hold the prop up and 3) falling backwards as she tries to get up the stairs.  Considering how often other stars repeat the same schtick, I give Lucy this one.  She does the bit just as well here compared with  "Gets in Pictures".    "Script Consultant" Milt Josefsburg has (as of the middle of season 4) yet to get a 'written by' credit but I think this could be our first "showers of sparks and colored smoke", something pyro-Milt would use often.  

• Like 1

1982: I spent many a Saturday night watching my VHS tapes of The Lucy Show.

2017: .......well, I've come a long way, baby.  NOT

Decades just ran "Lucy Meets Dean Martin", a near perfect post-Bob/Madelyn Lucy show.  Lucy's reaction when Eddie/Dean buys her the Audrey Hepburn jacket: well, nobody can compare.   Her line: "Why didn't you tell me you were Dean Martin right off the bat? I'd have gone out with you anyway" is a classic.  Non-rehearse-er Dean Martin is letter perfect.  This episode is what you might call "sophisticated comedy".  Though I'm not knocking fellow Emmy nominee Elizabeth Montgomery or winner Mary Tyler Moore (though I question her status as "lead actress".  Husband/Wives of the star of the show are leads.  The other people are 'supporting'), nobody was required to pull off the RANGE that Lucy was saddled with, particularly in this season.  "Meets Dean Martin" is a perfect acting job.  Lucy looks so good and is SO CUTE.   WHO ELSE could pull off the Dean Martin episode AND Ironman Carmichael not to mention mastering that powered-sitdown-skateboard thing (whatever it was) in "Bags a Bargain"? 

One amusing thing about "Dean Martin": is the fact that 'Dean Martin's double Eddie Feldman' saved Dean's leading lady when her horse 'ran away with her' so newsworthy that they must 'interrupt this program to bring you this bulletin'?