Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In: Complete Series DVD from TimeLife

• 10 months later...

Amazon has all 6 seasons available now to watch with Prime.

Desi Sr. and Lucie both guest star.

Desi's is in the 4th season and Lucie's is in the 6th season.

I watched both last night and found both rather enjoyable. Lucie gets to do a song with Dick and Dan.

Desi has 2 running gags. One with Artie Johnson and another with a group of rumba dancers who keep interrupting his love ballad. Desi's also had some fun references to Lucy, especially a good one to start off the show. 

Laugh-In's Jan 1968 debut.  I'll NEVER forgive this show for knocking "The Lucy Show" out of its rightful #1 position in the 67-68 season rankings.   For the first half of the season, TLS was the #1 show on the air.   "LI" nibbled away just enough viewers the latter part of the season to put TLS 6/10ths of a  ratings point behind #1 Andy Griffith Show.   "Laugh-In" took a while to catch on but ended the season at #21.   The next two seasons it would be #1, but Here's Lucy amazingly held its own.   It just would have been wonderful if TWO of Lucy's series had ended their runs at #1.  Always stuck in my CRAW.  

Laugh-In's Jan 1968 debut.  I'll NEVER forgive this show for knocking "The Lucy Show" out of its rightful #1 position in the 67-68 season rankings.   For the first half of the season, TLS was the #1 show on the air.   "LI" nibbled away just enough viewers the latter part of the season to put TLS 6/10ths of a  ratings point behind #1 Andy Griffith Show.   "Laugh-In" took a while to catch on but ended the season at #21.   The next two seasons it would be #1, but Here's Lucy amazingly held its own.   It just would have been wonderful if TWO of Lucy's series had ended their runs at #1.  Always stuck in my CRAW.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neil said:

From what I've seen, in spite of its numbers always being near the top, TLS never spent a full season as CBS's most-watched show. It looks like one year Gomer Pyle just barely beat it. That contrasts with the third season HL, which as we all know was not only the #1 show on the network, but also the only sitcom in the Top Ten (and the only funny one in the Top Twenty!). So at least in that sense, HL actually has a couple more "Ratings Merit Badges" than its predecessor.

It should be noted that of the handful of shows over the years that bested Lucy in the ratings (like Bonanza, Laugh-In, Petticoat Junction, Julia, Family Affair), quite a few of them dropped drastically in viewership, were cancelled, or fell out of fashion while the country and the network's loyalty to Lucy never truly waned, proving that you can't beat quality!