Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Annaleigh

What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

Recommended Posts

Brock    3,338
44 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

You haven't watched Lured in 15 years? I think there was a time where I watched this about every 15 days. Ah, love this one so much I modeled the bottom of my wedding dress off the engagement dress Lucy wears. Still mad I never found the Eloise article with the dress in color I passed up on ebay 20 years ago.

No, sadly. I have it on VHS -- purchased from the very first time I ever went to the original Lucy-Desi Museum in the dead of winter 1999 -- but I never graduated to the DVD and it is tangled up in some rights issues when it comes to airing in Canada so it never sees the light of day here, even on TCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,022

Lured was the first DVD I ever owned and the first time I watched it, it stopped playing about 30 minutes in. I returned it for a new copy and that one stopped about 35 minutes in! I ended up getting the VHS, which I've watched many times over the years. The picture of my VHS has always had a purple hue. Anyone else have this or was i given yet another bum copy of the movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,338
13 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Lured was the first DVD I ever owned and the first time I watched it, it stopped playing about 30 minutes in. I returned it for a new copy and that one stopped about 35 minutes in! I ended up getting the VHS, which I've watched many times over the years. The picture of my VHS has always had a purple hue. Anyone else have this or was i given yet another bum copy of the movie?

I don't recall mine having a purple hue, but I'm tempted now to hook my VCR back up and find out. lol

Regarding the picture quality, the BluRay case notes that the Lured restoration here is a combination of elements from the original 35mm nitrate prints as well as elements from 16mm prints. Curious!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998
2 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I’m mad to discover that one of the revival theaters in New York showed Lured for several days last month and I didn’t know about it!

I'd be more than mad. I'd love to see that on the big screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,022

TCM's Noir Alley showing of Lured was preceded by a very in-depth and fact filled introduction by Eddie Mueller. Mueller ended his intro with "Who knew Lucille Ball and George Sanders could be so sexy together?" (Zsa Zsa knew.) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998
10 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

TCM's Noir Alley showing of Lured was preceded by a very in-depth and fact filled introduction by Eddie Mueller. Mueller ended his intro with "Who knew Lucille Ball and George Sanders could be so sexy together?" (Zsa Zsa knew.) 

Robert Osborne knew too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,022
12 minutes ago, JoeySoCal said:

I don't get TCM,is Mueller the "new" Robert Osborne on the netlet?

Muller has a timeslot where he introduces film noirs. Ben Mankiewicz is the main host on the network. Other films are introduced by Alicia Malone and Dave Karger, who in my opinion, is the best of all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeySoCal    1,005

Thanks for this. Ah yes Mr.Mankiewicz, one of several who tried to "replace" "Siskel & Ebert".  I certainly liked him a lot more than that other lump of mud (his name escapes me at the moment) who took Siskel's place, for years.  I'm a Karger fan too for reasons more than just his ...reporting. :lucythrill:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,022
2 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Thanks for this. Ah yes Mr.Mankiewicz, one of several who tried to "replace" "Siskel & Ebert".  I certainly liked him a lot more than that other lump of mud (his name escapes me at the moment) who took Siskel's place, for years.  I'm a Karger fan too for reasons more than just his ...reporting. :lucythrill:

Dave Karger is charming. Mankiewicz is snarky and smarmy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddie2    824
27 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

Dave Karger is charming. Mankiewicz is snarky and smarmy. 

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Mankiewicz!  (and his political "network" or whatever it's called, The Young Turks, is almost worse than Fox News!) I also like Karger, and the passion and joy Alicia Malone has for film is downright contagious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,338

Alicia Malone is my favourite of the current TCM crop. And I know I’m in the minority enjoying Ben’s presenting style. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×