What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

44 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

You haven't watched Lured in 15 years? I think there was a time where I watched this about every 15 days. Ah, love this one so much I modeled the bottom of my wedding dress off the engagement dress Lucy wears. Still mad I never found the Eloise article with the dress in color I passed up on ebay 20 years ago.

No, sadly. I have it on VHS -- purchased from the very first time I ever went to the original Lucy-Desi Museum in the dead of winter 1999 -- but I never graduated to the DVD and it is tangled up in some rights issues when it comes to airing in Canada so it never sees the light of day here, even on TCM.

Lured was the first DVD I ever owned and the first time I watched it, it stopped playing about 30 minutes in. I returned it for a new copy and that one stopped about 35 minutes in! I ended up getting the VHS, which I've watched many times over the years. The picture of my VHS has always had a purple hue. Anyone else have this or was i given yet another bum copy of the movie?

13 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Lured was the first DVD I ever owned and the first time I watched it, it stopped playing about 30 minutes in. I returned it for a new copy and that one stopped about 35 minutes in! I ended up getting the VHS, which I've watched many times over the years. The picture of my VHS has always had a purple hue. Anyone else have this or was i given yet another bum copy of the movie?

I don't recall mine having a purple hue, but I'm tempted now to hook my VCR back up and find out. lol

Regarding the picture quality, the BluRay case notes that the Lured restoration here is a combination of elements from the original 35mm nitrate prints as well as elements from 16mm prints. Curious!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

TCM's Noir Alley showing of Lured was preceded by a very in-depth and fact filled introduction by Eddie Mueller. Mueller ended his intro with "Who knew Lucille Ball and George Sanders could be so sexy together?" (Zsa Zsa knew.) 

Robert Osborne knew too. 

Thanks for this. Ah yes Mr.Mankiewicz, one of several who tried to "replace" "Siskel & Ebert".  I certainly liked him a lot more than that other lump of mud (his name escapes me at the moment) who took Siskel's place, for years.  I'm a Karger fan too for reasons more than just his ...reporting. :lucythrill:

2 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Thanks for this. Ah yes Mr.Mankiewicz, one of several who tried to "replace" "Siskel & Ebert".  I certainly liked him a lot more than that other lump of mud (his name escapes me at the moment) who took Siskel's place, for years.  I'm a Karger fan too for reasons more than just his ...reporting. :lucythrill:

Dave Karger is charming. Mankiewicz is snarky and smarmy. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

Dave Karger is charming. Mankiewicz is snarky and smarmy. 

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Mankiewicz!  (and his political "network" or whatever it's called, The Young Turks, is almost worse than Fox News!) I also like Karger, and the passion and joy Alicia Malone has for film is downright contagious.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...