Sign in to follow this  
Annaleigh

What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

C L A U D E    2,006

Look to the left. There's the point you missed. :lol:

SPLAIN please, have no idea what you're talking about. I'm tired and worn out from answering all these posts.

Brock    3,362

SPLAIN please, have no idea what you're talking about. I'm tired and worn out from answering all these posts.

You said you wanted Lucy "wild and wacky." One of your all time favourite Lucy performances is about as far from wild and wacky as you can get.

• Like 1

C L A U D E    2,006

You said you wanted Lucy "wild and wacky." One of your all time favourite Lucy performances is about as far from wild and wacky as you can get.

And I said I was referring to her musicals and mildly amusing musical comedies at MGM, not her greatest all time dramatic performance in The Big Street. I think the reason I never cared for Best Foot Forward is there is very little about the movie that's funny in any way. But I grant you, you're right about one thing, Nancy Walker stole the movie with her very good performance.

C L A U D E    2,006

I don't think it is that for me. Maybe it's because it wasn't her. It was a character of a real person played by that person, like the HL episode. She did great acting but I don't know, it's just weird for me. It just was a plot that didn't really appeal to me. It's a cute movie, but has never been my favorite.

For me, it's that it's a badly written and very UNFUNNY movie, wasting her talents once again. Didn't she get this one as Ann Sothern got pregnant?

Annaleigh    296

For me, it's that it's a badly written and very UNFUNNY movie, wasting her talents once again. Didn't she get this one as Ann Sothern got pregnant?

Lana Turner was the one and then she became pregnant. I believe at least.

Annaleigh    296

I love Best Foot Forward and I think Lucy brought so much more humor to her role than any of the other actresses previously considered could have.

Now this I can see completely. No matter what role Lucy played, I will watch. To watch her growth and how versatile she was in her work. Like I said she did fine. I didn't like the character they made Miss Ball be and the plot just wasn't the best to me. It's a cute movie. Now I wanna pop this one in, to see what all of you guys think of it. Go in with a better open mind.

C L A U D E    2,006

Now this I can see completely. No matter what role Lucy played, I will watch. To watch her growth and how versatile she was in her work. Like I said she did fine. I didn't like the character they made Miss Ball be and the plot just wasn't the best to me. It's a cute movie. Now I wanna pop this one in, to see what all of you guys think of it. Go in with a better open mind.

Yeah, I do that too, funny, you remember something one way and then the EXPERTS here wake us up to something we've missed all these years, we give it a look and they're invariably right about everything, well, most of the time anyway. Eventually, they'll get me to see something great about DRAFTED even.

C L A U D E    2,006

Watched The Facts of Life today ... Nice film

Yes, finally Lucy and Hope looked like they were playing someone other than themselves. Pretty adult and sophisticated for those two also.

vivfantoo*    129

I watched Mame for the first time a few weeks ago. Lucy was just beautiful in it, as were the costumes. Her acting was excellent, & I loved her energy. Nice costars, cute storyline. But -- the singing. Oh dear. Now, you all know I love Lucy but her singing was really bad. If she had not been in this movie I never would have watched the whole thing.

C L A U D E    2,006

Mame is an aquired taste like scotch..... I didn't think the singing.was THAT bad. Her rendition of If He Walked Into My Life is very moving. It's how she EMOTES her songs.

Well, that's true, MUSICALS aren't for everybody, but I think the singing was terrific also, nothing wrong with it at all.  Try getting through Les Miz, beautiful songs, beautifully done, sometimes just aren't enough.