Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Annaleigh

What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

You haven't watched Lured in 15 years? I think there was a time where I watched this about every 15 days. Ah, love this one so much I modeled the bottom of my wedding dress off the engagement dress Lucy wears. Still mad I never found the Eloise article with the dress in color I passed up on ebay 20 years ago.

No, sadly. I have it on VHS -- purchased from the very first time I ever went to the original Lucy-Desi Museum in the dead of winter 1999 -- but I never graduated to the DVD and it is tangled up in some rights issues when it comes to airing in Canada so it never sees the light of day here, even on TCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lured was the first DVD I ever owned and the first time I watched it, it stopped playing about 30 minutes in. I returned it for a new copy and that one stopped about 35 minutes in! I ended up getting the VHS, which I've watched many times over the years. The picture of my VHS has always had a purple hue. Anyone else have this or was i given yet another bum copy of the movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Lured was the first DVD I ever owned and the first time I watched it, it stopped playing about 30 minutes in. I returned it for a new copy and that one stopped about 35 minutes in! I ended up getting the VHS, which I've watched many times over the years. The picture of my VHS has always had a purple hue. Anyone else have this or was i given yet another bum copy of the movie?

I don't recall mine having a purple hue, but I'm tempted now to hook my VCR back up and find out. lol

Regarding the picture quality, the BluRay case notes that the Lured restoration here is a combination of elements from the original 35mm nitrate prints as well as elements from 16mm prints. Curious!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I’m mad to discover that one of the revival theaters in New York showed Lured for several days last month and I didn’t know about it!

I'd be more than mad. I'd love to see that on the big screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCM's Noir Alley showing of Lured was preceded by a very in-depth and fact filled introduction by Eddie Mueller. Mueller ended his intro with "Who knew Lucille Ball and George Sanders could be so sexy together?" (Zsa Zsa knew.) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

TCM's Noir Alley showing of Lured was preceded by a very in-depth and fact filled introduction by Eddie Mueller. Mueller ended his intro with "Who knew Lucille Ball and George Sanders could be so sexy together?" (Zsa Zsa knew.) 

Robert Osborne knew too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoeySoCal said:

I don't get TCM,is Mueller the "new" Robert Osborne on the netlet?

Muller has a timeslot where he introduces film noirs. Ben Mankiewicz is the main host on the network. Other films are introduced by Alicia Malone and Dave Karger, who in my opinion, is the best of all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this. Ah yes Mr.Mankiewicz, one of several who tried to "replace" "Siskel & Ebert".  I certainly liked him a lot more than that other lump of mud (his name escapes me at the moment) who took Siskel's place, for years.  I'm a Karger fan too for reasons more than just his ...reporting. :lucythrill:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Thanks for this. Ah yes Mr.Mankiewicz, one of several who tried to "replace" "Siskel & Ebert".  I certainly liked him a lot more than that other lump of mud (his name escapes me at the moment) who took Siskel's place, for years.  I'm a Karger fan too for reasons more than just his ...reporting. :lucythrill:

Dave Karger is charming. Mankiewicz is snarky and smarmy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

Dave Karger is charming. Mankiewicz is snarky and smarmy. 

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Mankiewicz!  (and his political "network" or whatever it's called, The Young Turks, is almost worse than Fox News!) I also like Karger, and the passion and joy Alicia Malone has for film is downright contagious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alicia Malone is my favourite of the current TCM crop. And I know I’m in the minority enjoying Ben’s presenting style. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...