What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

Don't you think the plot of that movie is so odd?

Her Husband's Affairs or The Magic Carpet? Haha.

I love the plot to Her Husband's Affairs. It's odd alright but if I was her I would've left that jack ass, I'm not a fan of the husbands character. It basically reminds me of ILL, except it's a woman that gets everything right.

Yeah, I think Joan had the bagging title all sewn up for decades.  Bette went from homely to uglier than sin so she was unable to skillfully bag partners the way her secret admirer did, and by that I mean Joan of course.  I think that was the one thing Lucy felt she had succeeded at better than her rivals did, successful marriages.

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching Dance Girl Dance last night and I found a continuity error. In the hula scene Lucy comes in drops her coat, and then does the dance. Here hair is flowing loose curls with a good amount of volume. When she finishes the dance and starts talking to the instructor and the creepy guy hiring the girls, the curls are a little tighter and the sides are pulled back a little more. The next shot is Lucy walking back to the girls and talking to them. Here her hair is back to the really loose curls again. This suggests to me that these scenes were shot on 2 different days since the hair is close but not styled exactly the same.

On the whole it’s not a good movie and I think I have only watched it through once. Funny my mother in law caught this a few months ago and said it was boring. This is one of my favorite Lucy roles and I only watch her parts. She totally steals every scene she is in. MGM years she was gorgeous. This movie shows how sexy she was. She also gets to sing (not dubbed) and dance in a more free form format. It’s such a contrast to what she did at MGM. I’ve read that she went to burlesque shows to study the dancers and work that into her routines. That is evident in the hula number. I’m not sure if it is deliberate or not but she seems to go in and out of a NYish accent. She seems to use it when talking to the girls but drops it when she talks to others. Could be the idea she is trying to act more classy. Since the famous commissary meeting always describes her as looking like a $2 whore beaten by her pimp many think it was after the break in filming where they did the fight scene. It is more likely the lunch break occurred during the courtroom scene as that is where she has the black eye and bandages on. I bet she ditched the coat though for lunch. Claude I am going to make you a fan of her role in this movie yet.

Oh but I am, BUT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but like you, I only watch her parts.  You people have to understand that I'm HER fan and only relish her when she's in the lead.  I hate those damned RKO bits she did, with no part to speak of, of course HERE, she did have one and Maureen I love also.  And there's no denying that Lucy WAS gorgeous there, but the script was lacking and the movie is, as your mother in law said, QUITE BORING.  By our standards today I mean.  Look at the trouble i have with The Big Street and getting youngsters to enjoy that one.  It's a different time and not everything holds up like the I Love Lucy shows do.

• 3 weeks later...

DuBarry! Haven't watched this one in a couple of years since the DVD wasn't working. But since I have a Blu Ray player now, it works on there! I guess it was my DVD player. Lol.

Lucy, Gene, and Red? You can't go wrong there!

The hair on the woman in this film is absolutely stunning. So many rolls, curls, and colors. I can't handle this.

• Like 1

I still have never sat through Sorrowful Jones, so I can't honestly rank the Hope movies... but it is funny (interesting, not ha-ha) that while it's perhaps one of the more "mature" films in her oeuvre, it's also maybe one of the most dated in terms of wedded relationships, what with it being set in "sophisticated" 60's Manhattan, yet husband and critic Parker scoffs at his wife wanting a career as a writer, not even waiting to see if she has any talent before deriding her efforts and ultimately deciding only he should be the one to "judge" her end results (sound familiar??).  

Still, the pairing of Hope & Ball is an appealing one and although they managed four appearances together on the big screen, it would have been nice if they'd been able to make even more together. :D