I Love Lucy set

nertz2mertz

21 hours ago, nertz2mertz said:

Can someone please tell me how to make these pics bigger? I've seen big files on other pages but it won't let me upload even if I shrink them.

:lucyeww:

I have the same issue.  I can't ever post anything here but essentially thumbnails, and that's after doing multiple resizing in order to post at all.  Very frustrating.

As for the photograph, is this authentic or colorized?  I'm left wondering because in the color footage the audience member took at the filming of the episode "The Audition," the wall in the back of the living room is a pinkish color; here, it looks purple.  And the brick wall with the fireplace was the same pinkish color, but in this photograph it's blue.  Either the photograph has been colorized, or for some reason Karl Freund kept have the set repainted in different colors.  I do seem to remember reading that Freund was constantly having the set repainted in different shades of gray to capture the best B&W image for a specific scene.  But these images suggest the set was never gray at all, but different colors.

19 hours ago, LittleRickyII said:

I have the same issue.  I can't ever post anything here but essentially thumbnails, and that's after doing multiple resizing in order to post at all.  Very frustrating.

As for the photograph, is this authentic or colorized?  I'm left wondering because in the color footage the audience member took at the filming of the episode "The Audition," the wall in the back of the living room is a pinkish color; here, it looks purple.  And the brick wall with the fireplace was the same pinkish color, but in this photograph it's blue.  Either the photograph has been colorized, or for some reason Karl Freund kept have the set repainted in different colors.  I do seem to remember reading that Freund was constantly having the set repainted in different shades of gray to capture the best B&W image for a specific scene.  But these images suggest the set was never gray at all, but different colors.

I'm guessing different lighting conditions are causing the colors to render somewhat differently than they did in the Audition footage. Remember the whole blue dress/white dress thing a few years back?

On 10/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, LittleRickyII said:

Yes the picture is in actual color. As Mot Morenzi said, the lighting conditions are not allowing us to see it clearly. The back wall is a certain shade of gray. As for the pinkish color you saw in the home movies, that was caused by the studio lights as well as the footage being quite old. The bedroom looks blue but since it's so dark it's hard to tell the actual color. In the home movies, the person who filmed it panned just enough to the left of the apartment making it possible to get at least a couple of frames of the bedroom which I lightened up a bit and it seemed like it was in the green family. I also have to post the pic of the kitchen which is also in color as it was being painted. I did notice that the shades of gray changed from episode one to episode two. The brick wall was a light color in the first episode and went darker in the second as for the doors and the borders. I can't seem to post any more pics. I want to post the kitchen pic. It was being painted in a sort of mustard yellow color which threw me off completely. But it may not have been the final color. It keeps telling me "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance." :lucyeww:

On 10/29/2017 at 5:21 PM, Brock said:

When you post, do you not have the option to "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." to post attachments? The option should appear at the bottom of the post window.

Yes it gives me those options. No matter how I change the size of the file up or down I get a "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance." Uuuup we gooo down we.......Darn! :lucyeww: