Betty White ‘Closer’ interview about Lucy

JessiLu

A few months back I heard about a ‘Closer’ magazine cover story about Betty White’s thirty-year friendship with Lucy. I couldn’t find it in stores, however. Did anybody happen to read it and if so where there any new and interesting insights? I’m curious about their friendship. I always figured that they got to know each other really well on the game show circuit in the 80s, but wasn’t sure how friendly they were prior to that.

56 minutes ago, JessiLu said:

A few months back I heard about a ‘Closer’ magazine cover story about Betty White’s thirty-year friendship with Lucy. I couldn’t find it in stores, however. Did anybody happen to read it and if so where there any new and interesting insights? I’m curious about their friendship. I always figured that they got to know each other really well on the game show circuit in the 80s, but wasn’t sure how friendly they were prior to that.

I read it in the store as I didn't think it would have any new info in. If you've read what Betty said about Lucy in a few of her books you pretty much had the article. 

I think they go back to the 70s. You know the story about Lucy sending Tess flowers? That was in the article so therefore that shows a friendship in the 70s.  And Allen and Betty were at a party at Roxbury circa mid 70s from photos I've seen.

• Like 2