Hollywood Profiles DVD -- February 2018

Brock

A new DVD with unfortunate cover art is set is slated to come out next month boasting "four feature films":

https://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Profile-Lucille-Ball/dp/B077MT968Y

Has anyone heard which features will be on this set? I imagine they would be the four Columbia features that were released on the Lucille Ball: First Lady of Comedy set, but this volume looks intriguing!

47 minutes ago, Brock said:

A new DVD with unfortunate cover art is set is slated to come out next month boasting "four feature films":

Has anyone heard which features will be on this set? I imagine they would be the four Columbia features that were released on the Lucille Ball: First Lady of Comedy set, but this volume looks intriguing!

My God, the nose!

I think those 4 Columbia films are the only ones Mill Creek has the rights to, what with their Sony distribution deal. Obviously the 10 episodes will be public domain Lucy Shows. Nonetheless, this sounds like a great Lucy starter set for more casual or budget conscious fans. I'll definitley pick it up out of curiosity. 

• Like 1

The TCM Greatest Classic Legends box set is getting a re-brand as "Silver Screen Icons", featuring the same four pictures that were on it before:

https://www.amazon.com/TCM-Greatest-Classic-Films-Legends/dp/B078967GXK/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1516049839&sr=1-1&keywords=TCM+Lucille+Ball

Although why they want to design it like a public domain release is beyond me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, Brock said:

No there were limited details on Amazon when I ordered it.  It should be arriving shortly so once I get it I'll let y'all know what's on it. :peachonthebeach:

I bought it.....and ....SURPRISE!!..besides the movies, it's the same old batch of public domain 16mm prints of 5th-6th season episodes. Added featurette:  a Lucy bio with an on-camera narrator (who's no Larry Macadoo)  reciting facts about her life interspercing  PD clips with intros like "I'm sure this one will bring back a lot of memories"-- cut to scenes from "Lucy and Robert Goulet", "Little Old Lucy" and "Lucy Babysits the Chimps"!

3 hours ago, Neil said:

I bought it.....and ....SURPRISE!!..besides the movies, it's the same old batch of public domain 16mm prints of 5th-6th season episodes. Added featurette:  a Lucy bio with an on-camera narrator (who's no Larry Macadoo)  reciting facts about her life interspercing  PD clips with intros like "I'm sure this one will bring back a lot of memories"-- cut to scenes from "Lucy and Robert Goulet", "Little Old Lucy" and "Lucy Babysits the Chimps"!

Mill Creek had one of those documentaries on their Betty White set - the one that included samplings of Life With Elizabeth and Date With the Angels. No doubt this one was ported over from their Lucy: Legacy of Laughter set, which had only the PD Lucy Show episodes.

• Like 1