"I Love Lucy" Video Game Announced - Official Press Release

Mot Morenzi

April 1, 2018

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ELECTRONIC ARTS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH LIQUID ENTERTAINMENT AND CYAN WORLDS, ANNOUNCE “I LOVE TO BE LUCY” ON PS4, XBOX ONE, PC, LINUX AND MAC

In cooperation with CBS Paramount and Desilu, too, comes the first officially licensed video game based on the beloved “I Love Lucy” property.

I LOVE TO BE LUCY, the first video game based on the classic CBS series from the 1950s starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, will allow players to immerse themselves in this iconic sitcom world for the very first time on home platforms.

“I am excited and proud that CBS has finally made a video game based on I LOVE LUCY,” says Lucie Arnaz, daughter of Ball and Arnaz. “It’s such a natural fit for the video game format, and I know fans will be as delighted by the results as I was.”

Extensive, never before conducted research was undertaken to determine the most popular episodes, and all the classic Lucy bits everyone’s come to know and love will be incorporated into this exciting and action-packed title.

Divided into more than 20 episodic levels, players will be able to relieve all their favorite moments, beginning with the lost pilot. Take control of Lucy and aim her cello bow to hit Ricky right on the butt – the better her aim, the more the audience laughs! And never forget that a man’s home is his castle, so players must help Lucy complete all the dustin’ and swippin’ before Ricky comes home from work – but don’t forget to defrost the roast beef for dinner or a spanking is likely in order.

The fun continues with interactive versions of everyone’s favorite episodes. Switch over to first-person mode for “Lucy Does a TV Commercial,” where drunken Lucy must evade hordes of descending stage-hands by blasting Vitametavegamin at them. A similar approach is taken for “The Ballet” – squirt all the ballerinas with Lucy’s handy seltzer bottle, then head over to the pie table and let ‘er rip – but only after completing Madame LeMond’s grueling ballet lesson. Think you have what it takes to plie 500 times? Get those thumbs to work!

Who could ever forget the fun Lucy and Ethel had in that chocolate factory – and now gamers can join them. Wrap chocolates as they move along the conveyor belt at ever increasing speeds, go nuts in the boxing department by pinching chocolates to see what kind they are, or cut loose in the dipping department and cause an all-out splatter war. But beware of the nasty forewoman, and evade her on multiple levels of moving conveyor belts if she catches Lucy and Ethel goofing off. Play solo as Lucy or join in as Ethel in two-player cooperative mode.

“Lucy’s Italian Movie” brings elements of classic beat’em ups to I LOVE TO BE LUCY. Square off against menacing Teresa Tirelli in the grape vat by having Lucy perform an impressive series of jump-kicks and vicious uppercuts to squash the grape juice right out of her. As a bonus, once all levels are completed, players will unlock “Grapestomp Rematch Mode,” giving Lucy the chance to face off against every other character in the game. Tired of Marion Strong’s constant cackling? Make her lay an egg by burying her in grapes! Or else have Fred put on his Golden Gloves and grind Ricky to a Cuban pulp.

Brothers Rand and Robyn Miller, creators of the world-famous MYST series, have also contributed their unique game-design sensibilities with a series of puzzle challenges that’ll have even the most ‘sperienced players scratching their heads. When Lucy gets locked in her steamer-trunk en route to Europe, it’ll take more than just an idea to help her out of it. Gamers can also help Ethel turn the Mertz apartment upside down searching for Fred’s secret rent-money stash – once found, treat Mrs. Mertz to a shopping spree and rid her of that tacky wardrobe once and for all.

“Bongo Hero,” a fun-filled musical section, will allow players to conduct the Ricky Ricardo orchestra and play along to all of Desi Arnaz’s greatest hits. Keep the beat or else you’ll have some ‘splainin’ to do!

A series of exciting mini-games are peppered throughout to boost your overall score, including “toss the biscuits” and “wallpaper the bedroom.” Not to mention the fun that opens up after you save up enough allowance to buy Lucy and Ricky a brand new Pontiac. Can you make a U-turn in the Holland Tunnel better than Lucy can?

Presented in classic black and white to retain the feel of the original series, players will have the chance to find hidden henna rinse bottles in every level. Find them all to unlock “colorized for kids of all ages” mode. Other unlockable bonuses include Lucy’s complete wardrobe. She won’t be complaining about not having a thing to wear once players unlock every outfit she ever wore in the entire series. Replay any level with Lucy dressed in the costume of your choice. Players can also give Ricky, Fred, Ethel, Caroline Appleby, Mrs. McGillicuddy, and all other favorite characters their moments to shine by having them recreate Lucy’s most famous comedy bits.

The voice talents of acclaimed impressionist Suzanne LaRusch as Lucy Ricardo, along with other famous I LOVE LUCY character impersonators, helps bring I LOVE TO BE LUCY to vibrant life.

“We are beyond thrilled to give gamers a chance to be in the show after all these years,” says Electronic Arts chairman Larry Probst. “This release is the ultimate love letter to Lucy.”

I LOVE TO BE LUCY is distributed by Electronic Arts, and is developed by Liquid Entertainment in association with Cyan Worlds. Street date: October 15, 2018.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...