LucyFest 2018

Lily Tomlin, Amy Schumer, Fran Drescher, Dan Aykroyd, Laraine Newman, Garrett Morris,  and Alan  Zweibel will be in Jamestown this August for the festival. 

The comedy center announced Tuesday that its grand opening will be highlighted by the appearances of Amy Schumer, Lily Tomlin and Dan Aykroyd this summer — which will coincide with the 2018 Lucille Ball Comedy Festival from Aug. 1-5.

Schumer will deliver her performance “Amy Schumer and Friends” at Northwest Arena on Friday, Aug. 3, while Tomlin will present “An Evening of Classic Lily Tomlin” on Saturday, Aug. 4, at The Reg Lenna Center for The Arts. These events will be preceded by the Thursday, Aug. 2, roundtable discussion between original “Saturday Night Live” cast members Aykroyd, Laraine Newman and Garrett Morris — along with original writer, Alan Zweibel — to share stories and laughs in a conversation about the show’s early years.

“Offering four brilliant minds from the show that broke the late-night television mold is not only a glimpse into the creation of ‘Saturday Night Live,’ but also a sampling of the National Comedy Center’s core mission to share the story of comedy,” said Malachi Livermore, director of operations and programming for the National Comedy Center.

The opening celebration will feature more than 50 events and 40 artists that include the innovators, creators and legends of comedy. Tickets will go on pre-sale to members of the National Comedy Center on Friday, April 27, at noon, and to the public on Friday, May 4, at noon. They can be purchased by visiting nationalcomedycenter.org, calling 484-0800 or visiting the festival box office at 2 W. Third St. in Jamestown.

Continuing an annual series of National Comedy Center dialogues, Violet Ramis Stiel will offer a stage conversation about her new book, “Ghostbuster’s Daughter: Life with My Dad, Harold Ramis.” Festival partner COZI TV will also present a special “Conversation with Fran Drescher” as part of the opening week events. The “Nanny” star will share insights on her storied life and career influences, including Lucille Ball, on Aug. 3.

http://www.post-journal.com/news/local-news/2018/04/comedy-center-announces-2018-festival-headliners/

• 2 weeks later...

Lucie's back in town!

JUST ANNOUNCED: Lucie Arnaz will bring her show “I Got the Job! Songs From My Musical Past” to this year’s Lucille Ball Comedy Festival and National Comedy Center grand opening.

This show will take place Sat., Aug 4 (6:30pm) at the Willow Bay Theater (timing allows patrons to attend this and Lily Tomlin's show), and go on pre-sale Tues., May 1 at noon EST.

So looking forward to seeing Lucie again, but this seems like such an odd venue for a show like hers. 

It's a very intimate venue with a strange configuration. I can't help but feel this would be better suited to the Lucille Ball Little Theatre if Lily Tomlin is taking up the Reg.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MaryJaneFan said:

I hope this is a rhetorical question, but are we planning an annual get-together again this year at the Taco Hut?

I'm up for that. I'm getting there Thursday noonish. Got tickets for Lucie and Lilly. Everything else is flexible.

Chris who did the Lucy Comes Home book is going to be at Lucy Lane signing books Thursday and Friday. I can get you better times closer to the date. I want to have a long chat with him about how wonderful his book is.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Luvsbway said:

I'm up for that. I'm getting there Thursday noonish. Got tickets for Lucie and Lilly. Everything else is flexible.

Chris who did the Lucy Comes Home book is going to be at Lucy Lane signing books Thursday and Friday. I can get you better times closer to the date. I want to have a long chat with him about how wonderful his book is.

Thanks for the tip-off.  I'll be sure to bring my copy of Lucy Comes Home along...yet another reason to stop by #59.

I'm pretty flexible on schedule too.  I have tickets for Lucie, Lilly, Lucy and Ethel's shows and photo op.  I think that's pretty much it for now.  I may do a walking tour too, but haven't bought a ticket yet.