Buy Lucy's Golf Cart

Luvsbway

2 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Or maybe you'd like this top worn by Lucy on a Dinah! episode. Host parties and sit around saying " Who Cares?".

https://www.julienslive.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/270?page=1&view=list&key=Lucille ball&sale=undefined&catm=any&order=order_num&xclosed=no&featured=no

Lucie also wore this in "Lucy and the Mountain Climber." In addition, Lucy wore it on Danny Thomas' The Practice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, Luvsbway said:

Or maybe you'd like this top worn by Lucy on a Dinah! episode. Host parties and sit around saying " Who Cares?".

https://www.julienslive.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/270?page=1&view=list&key=Lucille ball&sale=undefined&catm=any&order=order_num&xclosed=no&featured=no

Make that "Who THE HELL cares?".  I'm not knocking collectors or people with quirky interests (in the pot/kettle: black tradition) but I don't understand what one does with these types of collectibles.  I'm no "Mr. Blackwell" expert.  I rarely have an opinion one way or another but even I find Lucy's 70s fashion tres blah.  It always made me uncomfortable the way she would pick at them while on talk shows.  And what is the $10,000+ buyer going to do with this golf cart?  At least if you had Lucy's motorized wheel chair, you could ride it around the house---as long as you read the instructions for braking ahead of time.   (This scene is H.Carter, Male Nurse is one of my favorites)

19 hours ago, Neil said:

Make that "Who THE HELL cares?".  I'm not knocking collectors or people with quirky interests (in the pot/kettle: black tradition) but I don't understand what one does with these types of collectibles.  I'm no "Mr. Blackwell" expert.  I rarely have an opinion one way or another but even I find Lucy's 70s fashion tres blah.  It always made me uncomfortable the way she would pick at them while on talk shows.  And what is the $10,000+ buyer going to do with this golf cart?  At least if you had Lucy's motorized wheel chair, you could ride it around the house---as long as you read the instructions for braking ahead of time.   (This scene is H.Carter, Male Nurse is one of my favorites)

As two wise ladies once said: "It's a hobby. Some people collection stamps, I buy groceries." - " I guess it takes all kinds."