Behind the Curtain: Lucie Arnaz

HarryCarter

This was such a joy to listen to. She is, as always, a fantastic storyteller. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something different about Lucie lately. She's always been a wonderful, funny and extremely talented performer who has always been comfortable in what she does, but it seems like suddenly this comfort level has been taken to a whole new level. I wouldn't be so bold as to say that she is more comfortable in her own skin, because I don't know the woman, but there is a new level of.... ease? in everything she does now that is so enjoyable to take in. It was evident in this podcast, and it was evident in spades on stage in Jamestown this year. 

Anyway, I'm articulating this terribly, but it's very hard to describe. A performer totally at ease and relaxed with herself, her history, her talent, and perhaps her own unique, independent contributions and legacy in show business.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brock said:

This was such a joy to listen to. She is, as always, a fantastic storyteller. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something different about Lucie lately. She's always been a wonderful, funny and extremely talented performer who has always been comfortable in what she does, but it seems like suddenly this comfort level has been taken to a whole new level. I wouldn't be so bold as to say that she is more comfortable in her own skin, because I don't know the woman, but there is a new level of.... ease? in everything she does now that is so enjoyable to take in. It was evident in this podcast, and it was evident in spades on stage in Jamestown this year. 

Anyway, I'm articulating this terribly, but it's very hard to describe. A performer totally at ease and relaxed with herself, her history, her talent, and perhaps her own unique, independent contributions and legacy in show business.

I think you are on to something. I didn't quite feel it in all the print and broadcast press she was doing during Pippin, but I was highly entertained at her show last month. You could tell how much fun she was having. I said after listening to this that if she just wanted to write a book on theater stories I'd read it. But I'd love some fun story telling on all those other Tv and film projects she's done over the years. You get some of that in the TV Academy interview, but not as down to earth as this interview.

I was surprised how blase she sounded about the bio-pic. It was almost, "sure, whatever you got Sorkin but good luck." Not an "I'm going to make sure this is fair and accurate because I'm a producer on it and don't tell lies about my parents."

Maybe it's age or just saying , "to hell with it all, I'm going to stop worrying about so much and just enjoy the life I had and what's to come."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 9:58 AM, Luvsbway said:

I think you are on to something. I didn't quite feel it in all the print and broadcast press she was doing during Pippin, but I was highly entertained at her show last month. You could tell how much fun she was having. I said after listening to this that if she just wanted to write a book on theater stories I'd read it. But I'd love some fun story telling on all those other Tv and film projects she's done over the years. You get some of that in the TV Academy interview, but not as down to earth as this interview.

I was surprised how blase she sounded about the bio-pic. It was almost, "sure, whatever you got Sorkin but good luck." Not an "I'm going to make sure this is fair and accurate because I'm a producer on it and don't tell lies about my parents."

Maybe it's age or just saying , "to hell with it all, I'm going to stop worrying about so much and just enjoy the life I had and what's to come."

Palm Springs heat is probably mellowed her some too,  I bet ;)