Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HarryCarter

Behind the Curtain: Lucie Arnaz

Recommended Posts

Luvsbway    1,872

This is a really fantastic interview. Loved all those stories. I hope she gets around to writing her book as this is the stuff I want to read.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,253

This was such a joy to listen to. She is, as always, a fantastic storyteller. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something different about Lucie lately. She's always been a wonderful, funny and extremely talented performer who has always been comfortable in what she does, but it seems like suddenly this comfort level has been taken to a whole new level. I wouldn't be so bold as to say that she is more comfortable in her own skin, because I don't know the woman, but there is a new level of.... ease? in everything she does now that is so enjoyable to take in. It was evident in this podcast, and it was evident in spades on stage in Jamestown this year. 

Anyway, I'm articulating this terribly, but it's very hard to describe. A performer totally at ease and relaxed with herself, her history, her talent, and perhaps her own unique, independent contributions and legacy in show business.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,872
3 hours ago, Brock said:

This was such a joy to listen to. She is, as always, a fantastic storyteller. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something different about Lucie lately. She's always been a wonderful, funny and extremely talented performer who has always been comfortable in what she does, but it seems like suddenly this comfort level has been taken to a whole new level. I wouldn't be so bold as to say that she is more comfortable in her own skin, because I don't know the woman, but there is a new level of.... ease? in everything she does now that is so enjoyable to take in. It was evident in this podcast, and it was evident in spades on stage in Jamestown this year. 

Anyway, I'm articulating this terribly, but it's very hard to describe. A performer totally at ease and relaxed with herself, her history, her talent, and perhaps her own unique, independent contributions and legacy in show business.

I think you are on to something. I didn't quite feel it in all the print and broadcast press she was doing during Pippin, but I was highly entertained at her show last month. You could tell how much fun she was having. I said after listening to this that if she just wanted to write a book on theater stories I'd read it. But I'd love some fun story telling on all those other Tv and film projects she's done over the years. You get some of that in the TV Academy interview, but not as down to earth as this interview.

I was surprised how blase she sounded about the bio-pic. It was almost, "sure, whatever you got Sorkin but good luck." Not an "I'm going to make sure this is fair and accurate because I'm a producer on it and don't tell lies about my parents."

Maybe it's age or just saying , "to hell with it all, I'm going to stop worrying about so much and just enjoy the life I had and what's to come."

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeySoCal    988
On 9/6/2018 at 9:58 AM, Luvsbway said:

I think you are on to something. I didn't quite feel it in all the print and broadcast press she was doing during Pippin, but I was highly entertained at her show last month. You could tell how much fun she was having. I said after listening to this that if she just wanted to write a book on theater stories I'd read it. But I'd love some fun story telling on all those other Tv and film projects she's done over the years. You get some of that in the TV Academy interview, but not as down to earth as this interview.

I was surprised how blase she sounded about the bio-pic. It was almost, "sure, whatever you got Sorkin but good luck." Not an "I'm going to make sure this is fair and accurate because I'm a producer on it and don't tell lies about my parents."

Maybe it's age or just saying , "to hell with it all, I'm going to stop worrying about so much and just enjoy the life I had and what's to come."

 

 

Palm Springs heat is probably mellowed her some too,  I bet ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,872
17 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Palm Springs heat is probably mellowed her some too,  I bet ;)

Oh I could not live in that heat. I'd be a cranky bitch everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×