entertainment trivia

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ingrid Bergman was originally signed, but reportedly bowed out for tax reasons. Bette Davis then accepted, but then demanded 10,000, which was double the usual rate. They got Ginger to do it and never told her she wasn't first choice.

I know, isn't that incredible? To have failed TWICE to get the Diva Davis and that Ginger who was distantly related to Lucy and always a great friend, Lucy even mentored By Lela Rogers and yet Ginger was third choice in one of the best outings on the series???

What did Marilyn Monroe comment on Clark Gable after making the movie The Misfits, his last movie where she infuriated him by always showing up late on the set and he had a heart attack right after wrapping the movie and died. She made a comment about his personal habits, what was it?

Ingrid Bergman was originally signed, but reportedly bowed out for tax reasons. Bette Davis then accepted, but then demanded 10,000, which was double the usual rate. They got Ginger to do it and never told her she wasn't first choice.

'Harry': LOVE THAT TID-BIT....JK

What did Marilyn Monroe comment on Clark Gable after making the movie The Misfits, his last movie where she infuriated him by always showing up late on the set and he had a heart attack right after wrapping the movie and died. She made a comment about his personal habits, what was it?

Didn't she say he had bad breath? :mellow:

Didn't she say he had bad breath? :mellow:

Yes, she sure did! He wore dentures and obviously did not clean them often. You got it Amanda! Now next question, what movie showed Max Showalter and Carole Cook as a married couple? The two Lucy show stars cavorted in this comedy ions ago . . .

Sixteen Candles.

Cheater, it was on OUR movie channels tonight, saw it at work and freaked when i saw Max's name in the opening credits and then he ends up being married to Carole Cook? What are the odds? LOL! Congrats Brockela. Name two Hollywood couples from yesteryear who were rumored to be gay but married to cover up that fact . . . One was a mentor to Lucy and the other male was once mentionned on ILL, more than once actually. And their wives had some Lucy connections as well.

Cheater, it was on OUR movie channels tonight, saw it at work and freaked when i saw Max's name in the opening credits and then he ends up being married to Carole Cook? What are the odds? LOL! Congrats Brockela. Name two Hollywood couples from yesteryear who were rumored to be gay but married to cover up that fact . . . One was a mentor to Lucy and the other male was once mentionned on ILL, more than once actually. And their wives had some Lucy connections as well.

Ok, looks like nobody wants to OUT the already OUTED, so here goes, the two couples i was thinking of were Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester and Robert Taylor and Barbara Stanwick. NEXT QUESTION: Which Sex and the City star used to date the Prime Minister of Canada? And what famous sinigng acting directing superstar also once dated the same Prime Minister and even thought she'd become Canada's First Lady in the process?

1. Kim Cattrall

2. That Streisand Person. <_<

LOL! Correctamundo RED, To think she could have been our First Lady!!!!! Think what her rendition of Oh Canada would have been like at the Canada Russia Hockey series, hum?????????? Can you name THREE performers who had their last public appearance at The Oscars before they passed away?

LOL! Correctamundo RED, To think she could have been our First Lady!!!!!

Well, despite what Margaret Trudeau's publicist says, the wife of the Prime Minister has never been First Lady... Second at the most behind the Queen. Laureen Harper -- the only redeeming thing associated with Stephen -- is currently third lady behind Liz and the Governor General's wife. Babs' relationship with Pierre was doomed from the start. She never would have accepted being the lowly third lady of the land. LOL!

Think what her rendition of Oh Canada would have been like at the Canada Russia Hockey series, hum??????????

Oh Lord... :hlLOL:

Can you name THREE performers who had their last public appearance at The Oscars before they passed away?

Lucy, "John Wain", and... maybe Jennifer Jones?

Well, despite what Margaret Trudeau's publicist says, the wife of the Prime Minister has never been First Lady... Second at the most behind the Queen. Laureen Harper -- the only redeeming thing associated with Stephen -- is currently third lady behind Liz and the Governor General's wife. Babs' relationship with Pierre was doomed from the start. She never would have accepted being the lowly third lady of the land. LOL!

Oh Lord... :hlLOL:

Lucy, "John Wain", and... maybe Jennifer Jones?

Ok, i was thinking of Susan Hayward but you're probably right with shaking and trembling Jennifer. She was so nervous she made Woody Allen sharing a jail cell with that big black actor from Shawshank Redemption look calm by comparison. Who are the male and female recordholders for number of nominations for the Oscar with NO wins?

Male (with no honourary) -- Richard Burton?

Male (with honourary) -- Peter O'Toole ( :angry: )

Female (with no honourary) -- Thelma Ritter?

Female (with honourary) -- Deborah Kerr?

CO LO REC TAL again, although i thought Debbie had not even gotten an Honourary one, as i agree with Groucho's old line, A BIGGER ROBBERY THAN BRINKS! But i'll take Thelma then instead as i always thought she already had a couple, she was one of the best charracter actresses E V E R ! This older married couple on a superior long running CBS drama was played by an actor who once starred with Lucy and two great actresses who were really classy, name all three.

CO LO REC TAL again, although i thought Debbie had not even gotten an Honourary one, as i agree with Groucho's old line, A BIGGER ROBBERY THAN BRINKS! But i'll take Thelma then instead as i always thought she already had a couple, she was one of the best charracter actresses E V E R ! This older married couple on a superior long running CBS drama was played by an actor who once starred with Lucy and two great actresses who were really classy, name all three.

Jock and Ellie Ewing on Dallas?

Jim Davis -- "Lucy Goes To Vegas"

Barbara Bel Geddes

Donna Reed

?

Archived