entertainment trivia

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Rutal got the most mentions in the greater Poukipsee area, for Britain it was MADONNA! Who replaced Carol Burnett when she left the Gary Moore show and later became a Broadway sensation?

Dorothy Loudon, who would be replaced by Carol in the movie version of her biggest hits, Annie and Noises Off.

Dorothy Loudon, who would be replaced by Carol in the movie version of her biggest hits, Annie and Noises Off.

I knew about Annie but had no idea Dotty was the lead in Noises Off before Carol did the version i saw. Lucy was very very friendly with this fun couple, he had starred on one of her series and his wife was just the cutest and funnest thing around. Can you name them?

• 3 weeks later...

It was Dick Martin and his beautiful wife Dolly. Does anybody out there KNOW who the top five reigning kings and queens of television and movies are still living, i'm talking Streep, Burnett type names here only.

Not sure exactly what your question is, curious though I may be. Do you mean ratings wise? 'Splain, please. :marionstrong:

Not sure exactly what your question is, curious though I may be. Do you mean ratings wise? 'Splain, please. :marionstrong:

I mean who are the five greatest men and women in either television or movies working today who are considered true superstars in their profession, i e Streep for women in films.

I mean who are the five greatest men and women in either television or movies working today who are considered true superstars in their profession, i e Streep for women in films.

Oh, okay ..now THAT's an interesting question....totally subjective as far as responses go (unless you specifiy by "Most $$ at the Box Office" or "Per Nielsen Ratings over such- and-such time period, etc. .... So....why don't you lead us off and thereby giving us a "template" to go by and we'll also know what you think....not that you ever do that i.e., tell us what you think but.....you know. :marionstrong:

Oh, okay ..now THAT's an interesting question....totally subjective as far as responses go (unless you specifiy by "Most $$ at the Box Office" or "Per Nielsen Ratings over such- and-such time period, etc. .... So....why don't you lead us off and thereby giving us a "template" to go by and we'll also know what you think....not that you ever do that i.e., tell us what you think but.....you know. :marionstrong:

By reputation, not earnings at the box office or merely ratings. For films, i'll give you MY choice for male and female, or rather ONE of my choices for each, Streep for women and Pacino for men, both are award winners recently and have had major projects, the people i'm talking about have to still be working. Now men and women in TV is easier, Barbara Walters and Regis Philbin to name but two, both have excellent resumes and are still working at almost 80 years of age.

By reputation, not earnings at the box office or merely ratings. For films, i'll give you MY choice for male and female, or rather ONE of my choices for each, Streep for women and Pacino for men, both are award winners recently and have had major projects, the people i'm talking about have to still be working. Now men and women in TV is easier, Barbara Walters and Regis Philbin to name but two, both have excellent resumes and are still working at almost 80 years of age.

Actually...Regis' next b'day in August he'll be 80 and Babs is already 81. lucydisgust.JPG

She sointenly dun't look it!

Was that a visible flinch by Walters when Oprah mentioned her age on her show, just aired, that featured the entire cast of "the View"?? ;) That was a nice, fun episode and each of the hostesses with the mostest got a moment or two to shine. Mention was even made of previous co-host Star Jones, with Babs gracefully (but more realistically, probably painfully!) giving her kudos as part of the programs initial success. Of course no mention was made by name however of the one that really put them on the ratings map and also being on the pop culture radar, Rosie O'Donnell. Oh well.

I don't think they mentioned Meredith Vierra either and she was not only instrumental in their initial success (IMHO) but left with no animosity or hard feelings, as far as I know.rolleyes.gif

Was that a visible flinch by Walters when Oprah mentioned her age on her show, just aired, that featured the entire cast of "the View"?? ;) That was a nice, fun episode and each of the hostesses with the mostest got a moment or two to shine. Mention was even made of previous co-host Star Jones, with Babs gracefully (but more realistically, probably painfully!) giving her kudos as part of the programs initial success. Of course no mention was made by name however of the one that really put them on the ratings map and also being on the pop culture radar, Rosie O'Donnell. Oh well.

I don't think they mentioned Meredith Vierra either and she was not only instrumental in their initial success (IMHO) but left with no animosity or hard feelings, as far as I know.rolleyes.gif

Yes Star's greed about her fiasco of a wedding begging for freebies ruined the rep of the show whereas Rosie made everybody discover it and watch it regularly, i know that's what happened with ME, never watched the show before Rosie was on. If they did not even mention Rosie, then i'm glad i missed this Oprah tribute.

Rosie made everybody discover it and watch it regularly, i know that's what happened with ME, never watched the show before Rosie was on. If they did not even mention Rosie, then i'm glad i missed this Oprah tribute.

That's why I started watching it, too. When she left, I stopped watching it. I can't believe they didn't mention her!! <_<

• 1 year later...

Zsa Zsa Gabor (Ricky Asks for a Raise)

Lauren Bacall (Lucy and John Wayne)

Polly Bergen (Lucy Gets in Pictures)

Debbie Reynolds (Ricky's Screen Test)

My God, leave it to YOU to come up with four when i asked for ONE. It was Zsa Zsa, i was shocked when i saw the picture hanging on that wall at The Tropicana, i didn't remember seeing it.

Whitney was the mother of Meredith Baxter -- is that what you're looking for, or is there a Lucy connection somewhere?

No, that's it. Let's go for two more . . . the father on FAMILY had a son . . . .in REAL life, who's he? And this famous funny lady had a niece i believe who played the eldest child on The Donna Reed show, who are they?

No, that's it. Let's go for two more . . . the father on FAMILY had a son . . . .in REAL life, who's he? And this famous funny lady had a niece i believe who played the eldest child on The Donna Reed show, who are they?

a) Sarah Jessica Parker's groom?

B.) Nanette Fabrary

c) Shelley Fabares

• 2 weeks later...

Archived