Sign in to follow this  
HarryCarter

Here's Lucy 50th Anniversary

Mot Morenzi    1,374

Wow. Seems like yesterday I first watched the 50th anniversary special for I Love Lucy when it originally aired. How time flies.

Happy Birthday Here's Lucy!  

rickylu    37

I had a bad cold over the weekend and decided to have a "Lucy" binge that included episodes from the first 3 seasons of HL. One thing I noticed is that all but 2 or 3 episodes I watched (and are some of my favorites) did not feature any guest stars. HL had it's share of good guest stars, musical numbers, etc... However I think it shines the most when it functions as a domestic situation comedy.

Mot Morenzi    1,374
9 hours ago, rickylu said:

I had a bad cold over the weekend and decided to have a "Lucy" binge that included episodes from the first 3 seasons of HL. One thing I noticed is that all but 2 or 3 episodes I watched (and are some of my favorites) did not feature any guest stars. HL had it's share of good guest stars, musical numbers, etc... However I think it shines the most when it functions as a domestic situation comedy.

I agree, I'm partial to the family-only episodes as well. Those work better than most of the guest-star bonanzas, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Harrison    90
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, rickylu said:

I would have to agree. The Lucy Show work best that way too during those first three seasons which many consider the best of THAT series. In my opinion, Here's Lucy just continued what started in those later years of The Lucy Show which was an emphasis on "Lucy and the star of the week" or "Lucy (and company) doing a show-within-a-show consisting of musical numbers". It's no wonder why many consider Here's Lucy to be the weakest of the three long-running Lucy sitcoms.

• Like 1