Sign in to follow this  
JoeySoCal

Lucy's MAME is coming on Blu-Ray!!!

JoeySoCal    999

Never thought THIS would see the light of day!

Even if they don't "fix" the audio issues -- and there are plenty! -- this has GOT to be the best it's ever going to look on home video.

Plus, here's hoping they went beyond "bare bones" and have included some cool, rare bonus features...but I'm not holding my breath.

Stay tuned!  (Amazon states a release date of November 27th, so ...what a nice holiday gift! "We Need a Little Christmas NOW"!! :HALKING:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mame-Blu-ray/133683/#Packaging

https://www.amazon.com/Mame-Blu-ray-Lucille-Ball/dp/B07JKC12XG/ref=sr_1_4_twi_blu_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1540051672&sr=1-4&keywords=mame+blu-ray

Lucy MAME Blu-Ray.jpg

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,405

I believe Warner Archive uses BD-50s instead of 25s, the way Warner Home Video does for their catalogue releases. So I'm pleased the archive is handling this release. I'm sure it'll look beautiful. 

• Like 2

Neil    1,276

I put in a pre-order at Amazon and a few days later got a message "this product is no longer available" (?!).  

Mot Morenzi    1,405
16 minutes ago, Neil said:

I put in a pre-order at Amazon and a few days later got a message "this product is no longer available" (?!).  

I wouldn't worry too much about that. It might just mean the release date has been postponed.

• Like 1

HarryCarter    964

IT'S TODAY!

My Blu-Ray just arrived! The only extras are the trailer and the (this time correctly titled) "Lucy Mame" featurette. I took a brief look at the film itself and it looks great. I'm debating whether or not to watch the whole movie tonight. I usually watch Mame during Christmas week, but I might need a little Christmas now. 

• Like 2

Brock    3,298

Glad to hear it looks so good! This is on my Christmas list -- along with a new Blu player to replace the one that died in the middle of ILL S2. 

• Haha 1