Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Will

Perfect Strangers / LWL

Recommended Posts

Will    57

I had never knew Lucy have this show a great review and Mark and Bronson webt to a LWL taping.  However, I am loving watching the first and second season from 1986.  They combine physical comedy and warmth.    It reminds me of Mother of the Bride and Breaking Up Is Hard to do.  They have funny moments but are dramedy with a emotionally wonderful ending.  This makes me think LWL should have been given a better chance.   What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddie2    867
On January 3, 2019 at 7:14 PM, Will said:

 This makes me think LWL should have been given a better chance.   What do you think?

Is the Pope Catholic?:lucythrill:

I've never seen an episode of Perfect Strangers but will most certainly check it out, seeing as how it's available in full on Hulu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,090
35 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Is the Pope Catholic?:lucythrill:

I've never seen an episode of Perfect Strangers but will most certainly check it out, seeing as how it's available in full on Hulu. 

What? This show was a TGIF Friday night must watch for me in the late 80s early 90s. I loved it. Now we do the dance of joy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrison    107
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, Freddie2 said:

Is the Pope Catholic?:lucythrill:

I've never seen an episode of Perfect Strangers but will most certainly check it out, seeing as how it's available in full on Hulu. 

Definitely check it out. It's basically the male-version of Laverne & Shirley  and of the early years of The Lucy Show. It is also was one earliest flagship shows of TGIF. Not to mention if it weren't for this show, there would be no Family Matters thus no Urkel.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddie2    867
2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Definitely check it out. It's basically the male-version of Laverne & Shirley  and of the early years of The Lucy Show. It is also was one earliest flagship shows of TGIF. Not to mention if it weren't for this show, there would be no Family Matters thus no Urkel.  

Thanks! I totally forgot that I made a note to watch the show- seven months ago! Heck, if it was good enough for Lucy, it's certainly good enough for me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will    57

I recommend Perfect Strangers Seasons 1 and 2 as classic and 3 to 5 are pretty good.  Season 6 had is moments so far season 7 shows the show jumped the shark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,090
1 minute ago, Will said:

I recommend Perfect Strangers Seasons 1 and 2 as classic and 3 to 5 are pretty good.  Season 6 had is moments so far season 7 shows the show jumped the shark

What season did they move to that big house? Yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will    57

Season 7 that's what I am on and yes yawn.  It went from good slapstick to note horrible stupid writing.  Lucy's worse shows weren't this bad or stupid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil    1,379
On 1/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, Luvsbway said:

What? This show was a TGIF Friday night must watch for me in the late 80s early 90s. I loved it. Now we do the dance of joy. 

AFTER it failed, the LWL 20-20 hindsight naysayers were saying one of the reason was Lucy's type of comedy was old-hat in the modern world of 1986.  I said OH POOH!  It's just that TV swallows up material so fast, there was nothing new left to do.   I saw a couple Perfect Strangers and at least they were TRYING.  And fairly successfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×