Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luvsbway

Lucy Fest 2019

Recommended Posts

HarryCarter    1,022

John Mulaney and Sebastian Manisalco will be the stand up headliners! John Mulaney is my favorite comic working today. He’s a Lucy fan and I always thought he would be a perfect fit for the festival. I’ve never seen Manisalco before, but I know he has a huge fanbase.

https://comedycenter.org/sebastian-maniscalco-john-mulaney/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998

I have no idea who Manisalco is. I have been enjoying John's Big Mouth series on Netflix. They did a special Valentine's episode that is up now.  I'll have to check out his stand up work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mot Morenzi    1,466
On 11 February 2019 at 11:34 PM, HarryCarter said:

John Mulaney and Sebastian Manisalco will be the stand up headliners! John Mulaney is my favorite comic working today. He’s a Lucy fan and I always thought he would be a perfect fit for the festival. I’ve never seen Manisalco before, but I know he has a huge fanbase.

https://comedycenter.org/sebastian-maniscalco-john-mulaney/

I take it that failed sitcom of Mulaney's from a few years back was not an accurate testament to his talents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,022
8 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I take it that failed sitcom of Mulaney's from a few years back was not an accurate testament to his talents?

No, definitely not. It was a noble effort to attempt to do a sitcom in the style of an earlier era, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil    1,325
On 2/11/2019 at 4:34 AM, HarryCarter said:

John Mulaney is my favorite comic working today.

Mine too!!

In answer to Mot's comment about his sitcom.  No, that is not a good use of his talents.  The show was SO Seinfeld, it's almost like they were trying in a satirical way (which, if they were, they didn't pull off). 

Here's one of my favorite bits from his stand-up.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998

With the pre-sales this week for the headliners a few events have been listed. The usual suspects are there that seem to annual. Also many more will be added.

I am happy to see the Ernie Kovacs event, as last year a similar event got stuck at the same time as Fran Dresser.

https://tickets.comedycenter.org/Info.aspx?EventID=22

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,338

If any of you are planning on seeing Sebastian Manascolo, I just got off the horn with the box office and the event is almost completely sold out -- aside from the most expensive tickets right at the front and a few single seats scattered about the arena. Who knew he was so popular!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998
43 minutes ago, Brock said:

If any of you are planning on seeing Sebastian Manascolo, I just got off the horn with the box office and the event is almost completely sold out -- aside from the most expensive tickets right at the front and a few single seats scattered about the arena. Who knew he was so popular!

That's crazy. Did anything last year sell out this fast? Is this still the presale or is it open to everyone now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,338
2 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

That's crazy. Did anything last year sell out this fast? Is this still the presale or is it open to everyone now?

It’s stil pre-sale until Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998
52 minutes ago, Brock said:

It’s stil pre-sale until Saturday!

That's crazy. I wasn't planning on seeing him, so I'm good. But dang with this. I think there will be some mad people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,338
19 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

That's crazy. I wasn't planning on seeing him, so I'm good. But dang with this. I think there will be some mad people.

With the way it is selling, I wouldn't be surprised if they added a second show.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998
20 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Who the hell is Sebastian Manascolo ?? :HALKING:

I looked him up on Wikipedia and echo your question, "who the hell is Sebastian Manascolo?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeySoCal    1,005
20 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

I looked him up on Wikipedia and echo your question, "who the hell is Sebastian Manascolo?"

:vanda:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    1,998

Chatting with my 20 something co-worker today. She saw Sebastian in concert last night in my area. She raved, said he's hilarious. Sounds like many know him from his Netflix specials.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,022
1 hour ago, Luvsbway said:

Chatting with my 20 something co-worker today. She saw Sebastian in concert last night in my area. She raved, said he's hilarious. Sounds like many know him from his Netflix specials.

 

I’ve never seen his stand up, but Sebastian played Viggo Mortensen’s brother in Green Book. I didn’t know it was him until the end credits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil    1,325
On 2/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, JoeySoCal said:

Who the hell is Sebastian Manascolo ?? :HALKING:

Great-grandson of Xavier Valdez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×