Kaye Ballard has passed away

HarryCarter

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

Do you remember when the "all Lucy" show aired?  With the writers, Robert Osbourne and Carole Cook, I think and more. 

And Lucie Arnaz's infamous "she was a control freak who had to be in charge 24 hours a day" appearance.  (Lucie suffered a little backlash for that one).  I can't tell if they're airing these Joan Rivers Shows in chronological order.  Or if they're doing the "Decades" thing of buying a batch and repeating those over and over again.   Do you know how long Joan's show ran?

I found an episode guide for the first 3 seasons. I remember it running through the mid 90s. The infamous Lucie on ( I have it) was in the first season. I know she was one at least twice. 

The one with Bob and Carole had the Desilu book authors in so 1993 sounds right on that. I have this one.

There was another around the time the ILL laserdisk came out that had Bart Andrews, Tom Watson and a few others on. 

7 hours ago, Brock said:

Some details on Kaye’s memorial service:

https://amp.desertsun.com/amp/2703230002

In related news, Our Dan Wingate needs a publicist.

Nice recap, although this punction error makes it seem like Ol’ Bubblemaker was there. 

Other stage and show business luminaries in attendance included Ballard's dear friend Gavin MacLeod, Lawrence Welk, "Champagne Lady" Roberta Linn,  actors Sal Mistretta and Michael Dante, singers David Christopher and Frank DiSalvo, NBC Palm Springs newscaster Gino LaMont and Rita Vale, wife of the late singer, Jerry Vale.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

Nice recap, although this punction error makes it seem like Ol’ Bubblemaker was there. 

Other stage and show business luminaries in attendance included Ballard's dear friend Gavin MacLeod, Lawrence Welk, "Champagne Lady" Roberta Linn,  actors Sal Mistretta and Michael Dante, singers David Christopher and Frank DiSalvo, NBC Palm Springs newscaster Gino LaMont and Rita Vale, wife of the late singer, Jerry Vale.

Comma usage has gotten so slapdash. It seems people either use too many or not enough; there's no in-between anymore. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...