I Love Lucy "Funny Money" Special -- April 19, CBS

Brock

Great news courtesy of Tom Watson!

"

Banish the tax-time blues this spring with a visit from Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel!

Yes, CBS will broadcast an I LOVE LUCY ‘FUNNY MONEY’ SPECIAL, Friday, April 19, at 8PM (ET/PT), showcasing two newly colorized episodes of the classic series. Included will be “The Million Dollar Idea” – in which Lucy and Ethel try to market Lucy’s salad dressing – and “Bonus Bucks” – which finds the Ricardos and Mertzes hoping to win big in a newspaper Bonus Bucks contest. Classic fun for the whole family!

My thanks once again to CBS for allowing me to participate in the preparation of these colorful specials. It's wonderful to see the Ricardos and the Mertzes back on network television entertaining millions!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Maybe they could celebrate Florida's importance to the election next year with the "I Love Lucy: Florida Frenzy" special, featuring the Florida set episodes. 

Kinda hoping we get some country/Connecticut based eps first -- itching to see the house in "color"! -- maybe along the lines of "Lucy, Wild in Westport"...or " Crazy in Connecticut" ...or "Silly in the Suburbs".... :HALKING:

12 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Kinda hoping we get some country/Connecticut based eps first -- itching to see the house in "color"! -- maybe along the lines of "Lucy, Wild in Westport"...or " Crazy in Connecticut" ...or "Silly in the Suburbs".... :HALKING:

...I was sort of kidding with the Florida thing, you know? ;) 

Not that it's a bad idea, per se, but I'd like to see some Connecticut episodes as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

The Million Dollar Idea seemed to be the least edited episode I can remember. I think they only cut Dickie Davis’ commercial, Lucy and Ethel talking about buying mink coats, and Lucy counting the jars in the living room. 

Yes I noticed that too. Edits were very minimal. They edited out Lucy devouring the mini cakes by a few bites.