Desilu Productions

I can only hope that Me will rerun at least some of  the 13 Glynis episodes.  Its failure baffles me.  The couple of episodes I've seen hold up well (if you can ignore the single-camera, non-human-like laugh track: standard practice at the time).  It seemed to have everything. It was something different: a comedy with actual suspense. .  A lead actress who had a unique, very appealing personality.  Its producer: Jess Oppenheimer!    In those days, getting cancelled after 13 episodes was uncommon.  Its #6 1965 summer ratings is some vindication.  It ran as a summer replacement for The Lucy Show and did better in the ratings than TLS's 64-65 season which ranked 8th, the lowest of all 6 seasons.  I wonder if there was talk of a revival.  

Side-note trivia: during the 11 years TLS/HL was in the top 10, it held every position except #7, #5 and (damn you LAUGH-IN!!) #1. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will said:

At least it hit #1 for some episodes.  

Yes it did.  I know the "Waits Up for Christ" premiere was #1 for that week. As were other early episodes.  And the 5th season Carol Burnett/Roommate did. As well as many episodes for most of the 6th season.  Not sure there were any number #1's in between the first season and Burnett.   The reason "Roommate" was #1 was obviously the draw of Carol.  Which makes the fact that CBS was very iffy about the prospects of her variety show, which debuted the next season, seem all the more strange.  TV Guide said many CBS affiliates did not carry it.  I think they were referring to smaller market affiliates that represented more than one network.  Those stations could pick and choose between what their parent networks were beaming to them.  Or they could run the other show at a different time and night.  TV Guide did mention one major market that did not choose to carry Carol: Cincinnati.   Despite being under-represented, "Carol Burnett" was one of the 1967 freshman shows that did well in the ratings from the get-go (as well as "Mothers In Law", "The Jerry Lewis Show" and "Flying Nun")

Interesting that Lucy's 3 main series peaked (in the season end tallies) at #1, #2 and #3 in that order.  70-71's #3 is particularly impressive because it was essentially a 9-year-old sitcom by the time of that season.   I don't know if "Burtons" ratings were so high, that that one show's ratings lifted the season's average, because other than 4 or 5 episodes, season 3 was not Here's Lucy at its best.   I know I've said this dozens of times (but am going to say it again....because I like saying it): in the same season that saw the debuts of Mary Tyler Moore and All in the Family, HL was the highest rated sitcom on the air and CBS's highest rated show!  (and yes, I'll probably point that out again)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

"Lucy Waits Up For Christ"?

I want a summary idea for that one!

Whoops!  That was obviously supposed to be "Chris"-----unless after Viv pushed her out the 2nd story window. Lucy took an EXTREMELY high bounce, after which the format of "The Lucy Show" merged with "Topper".   Viv is charged with involuntary manslaughter and the Danfield Tribune headline blares "Bagley Busted: Pulled Bounce Boner".  At her trial, a defiant Viv  protests her innocence:  "I haven't pulled a boner since the day before Ralph and I got married". 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Whoops!  That was obviously supposed to be "Chris"-----unless after Viv pushed her out the 2nd story window. Lucy took an EXTREMELY high bounce, after which the format of "The Lucy Show" merged with "Topper".   Viv is charged with involuntary manslaughter and the Danfield Tribune headline blares "Bagley Busted: Pulled Bounce Boner".  At her trial, a defiant Viv  protests her innocence:  "I haven't pulled a boner since the day before Ralph and I got married". 

LOVE IT!