Frank Gorey 1928 - 2019

Brock

:(

The sad news, and loving tribute as shared by Lucie Arnaz.

A sad day and yet a celebration for a long life well lived.

Our dear,FRANK GOREY, passed today at the still sparkling age of 91. He had been recently moved to The Maclay Veteran's Home in Sylmar, CA. where he died peacefully after only a few minutes of respiratory discomfort and telling the nurse who tried to put him back into bed, "I am NOT going to sleep!!"

Francis Andrew Gorey was loved by everyone who knew him. He came to work as a driver for my family when I was only about 7 years old and never left. He outlived them ALL! He practically raised my brother Desi and me...and then our kids. His concern, compassion, loyalty, and indefatigable sense of humor were much of the reason I am as sane as I am today.

So glad I had a chance to tell him all of this just a few weeks ago. Now all that is needed is to wish him Bon Voyage.
Say hi to the gang when ya get there, Frank. And rest easy, Buddy. Ya did good!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...

I want to add my great sorrow at Frank's passing; RIP, friend;  remember, well, arrdubya asking me what I remembered most about my nearly 5-year, nearly full-time daily, volunteering for the Lucy-Desi Museum et al, and of course, it was: 

"Chauffeuring the chauffeur!!!!" 

(can't remember the year; but think 2004 or 2005; he came back once after that; thanked me again;  he rode with me, the designated luggage person back to Buffalo Airport and their flight home. 

Luggage loaded; me at the wheel; knock on passenger door; it was Frank;  'can I ride with you?'  He was particularly interested in the wild plants growing in the swamp along Jones/Gifford, Celoron; what we called the 'lower road;' on the way to the thruway; I had no idea; so researched and got the message to him in CA......  lovely man!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leenorman said:

I want to add my great sorrow at Frank's passing; RIP, friend;  remember, well, arrdubya asking me what I remembered most about my nearly 5-year, nearly full-time daily, volunteering for the Lucy-Desi Museum et al, and of course, it was: 

"Chauffeuring the chauffeur!!!!" 

(can't remember the year; but think 2004 or 2005; he came back once after that; thanked me again;  he rode with me, the designated luggage person back to Buffalo Airport and their flight home. 

Luggage loaded; me at the wheel; knock on passenger door; it was Frank;  'can I ride with you?'  He was particularly interested in the wild plants growing in the swamp along Jones/Gifford, Celoron; what we called the 'lower road;' on the way to the thruway; I had no idea; so researched and got the message to him in CA......  lovely man!

Just lovely, Joyce! Good to hear from you, it's been too long!!! Hope all is well with you and yours. :peachonthebeach: