I Love Lucy "Colorized Collection" Coming to DVD

Freddie2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/I-Love-Lucy-Colorized-Collection-DVD/656870122

For some reason only Wal-Mart has a listing for this right now. 

As per TV Shows on DVD, where I read about it:

I Love Lucy - The Colorized Collection (CBS/Paramount)
DVD
EXTRAS: all-new bonus content detailing the process for colorizing the original black & white episodes
-----The laughs never stop with the I Love Lucy: Colorized Collection, with 16 full-length colorized I Love Lucy episodes, including Lucy's Italian Movie (grape stomping), Lucy Does a TV Commercial (Vitameatavegamin), Job Switching (chocolate factory), and more of your Lucy favorites in COLOR! 2-disc set includes 16 classic I Love Lucy episodes beautifully colorized, including 8 colorized episodes that are new-to-DVD!

I'm glad we're finally getting all of them together, but I hope this isn't all of them!

c41719a5-a3f6-4da5-a4f2-dfd1f38780bd_1.0

1. Lucy Does a TV Commercial

2. Pioneer Women

3. Job Switching

4. The Million Dollar Idea

5. Bonus Bucks

6. LA at Last

7. The Fashion Show

8. Lucy Gets in Pictures

9. The Dancing Star

10. Harpo Marx

11. Lucy Visits Grauman's

12. Lucy & John Wayne

13. Lucy Goes to Scotland

14. Lucy's Italian Movie

15. Lucy & Superman

16. The Christmas Show

Agreed, except that only the most hardcore of us ILL fans will get it. Still, be pretty cool so hope to see it happens.  If I haven't said it before, i'll say here that this was truly a missed opportunity to also make the colorized collection available on blu-ray...there's few enough episodes that it'd only take a couple of discs to put out and it would have been a "toe in the water" to see if it would be viable to continue the "Ultimate" blu-ray releases, which failed miserably because CBS was so greedy and priced them so exorbitantly. Pity.  :HALKING:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, Lucille Ball fan said:

Will the Redhead Tales feature that was part of the color I Love Lucy theater presentation be on the new color dvd set?

I think so but I'm not too sure. Great question! It would be a nice treat to have that on there.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, JoeySoCal said:

I think we're overdue for some colorized Connecticut-based episodes! :HALKING:

They'd probably pick Tango/Eggs.  Yes, Lucy's reaction is hilarious but is the entire episode that good?  And think about those poor techs in INDIA having to draw little lines around each of those 500 chicks! (technique and country where it's done depicted in "Redhead Tales").    I'd pick "Lucy Wants to Move" "Misses the Mertzes" "Chummy with Neighbors" "Barbecue" "Country Club Dance" or my favorite "Housewarming" (both Vivian and Lucy are STELLAR in this one, even more than usual).  The Connecticut series is marred by a few duffers "Ragtime Band" "Dedicate a Statue" and "Night in Town" (people seem to like this last one more than I do). 

I watched "Chummy with Neighbors" (Betty Ramsey helps Lucy redecorate) and what I was struck with was how great a comedic actor Desi had become since the show began a mere 6 years previous.  The Mertzes are missed but they're finally brought into the plot with that great phone call scene: Lucy's emergency plea to Ethel.  Ethel to Fred "It's Lucy.  She's in trouble".  Fred: "Quick! Hang up the phone!"  and then Fred going comatose at the thought of ANYONE spending $3,500 on furniture.  (2019 equivalent: $32,000!). Very well written episode.   Nice touch: Lucy (distracting Betty) trying keep a running tally of the money she's spending on furniture, then discovering she's mistaken the stock numbers for the prices. 

• Like 2

I decided to skip ordering online and go the brick and mortar route. No luck at Walmart, Target, or FYE. My little scavenger hunt ended at Barnes and Noble where they had one copy marked at 40% off. Funny how a few years ago I wouldn't have given anything colorized the time of day. Looking forward to watching Redhead Tales since I couldn't make it to a theater last week.

• Like 1

After watching the WONDAFUL featurette on this set, I flipped on The Dancing Star while making dinner and, from the vantage point of the kitchen, my normal listening rhythm was interrupted by additional dialogue which put an immediate halt to dinner prep. LOL Seamless!

• Like 2