Lucy on the Big Screen on Her Birthday!

12 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

I immediately grimaced when Scott Mantz appeared before the presentation.

Who's Scott Mantz?

My theater was a virtual sell out.  No technical glitches.  I ordered tickets some time ago and could only get the 2nd row so everyone was HUGE!  As Ric Carl was talking about his house furnishings, I wanted to stand up and address those around me "I've actually BEEN to that house", but I was afraid some smart-ass would say "I can't wait to tell Lana at dinner tonight". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Neil said:

Who's Scott Mantz?

My theater was a virtual sell out.  No technical glitches.  I ordered tickets some time ago and could only get the 2nd row so everyone was HUGE!  As Ric Carl was talking about his house furnishings, I wanted to stand up and address those around me "I've actually BEEN to that house", but I was afraid some smart-ass would say "I can't wait to tell Lana at dinner tonight". 

I was quietly clapping for all the people I knew, that' hilarious about the house. 

• Like 1

I didnt get to go - he theater near me in NYC had an 7 pm sold-out showing and i couldn't make the 10:30. Lets hope they will add another day in the future. I did spend Lucy's Birthday at The Cher Show on Broadway which includes Lucille Ball in the show.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Neil said:

Who's Scott Mantz?

He’s the founder of the Los Angeles Online Film Critics Association and for some reason he must be connected to Fathom Events; he’s also involved with Access Hollywood. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, but every single time I’ve seen something from him, his opinion has been a complete 180 from how I feel. He seems to be a big shill for corporate cash-grab garbage fests and superhero movies, which aren’t really my thing. He was also a very vocal supporter of Green Book, and one of those schmucks who ballyhooed Avengers: Endgame for “beating” Avatar as the highest-grossing movie of all time, when anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that inflation is a factor and the highest-grosser is still Gone With The Wind. Everyone can have their opinions, but ayiyiyi are his opinions (and his demeanor) just infuriating to me!

Moviegoers showed their love for Lucille Ball in a big way on Tuesday.

I Love Lucy: A Colorized Celebration grossed $777,645 from 660 theaters across the country, enough to beat out Aladdin and come in No. 6 at the domestic box office.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-i-love-lucy-tribute-screenings-score-huge-business-1230045

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tropicjeff said:

Moviegoers showed their love for Lucille Ball in a big way on Tuesday.

I Love Lucy: A Colorized Celebration grossed $777,645 from 660 theaters across the country, enough to beat out Aladdin and come in No. 6 at the domestic box office.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-i-love-lucy-tribute-screenings-score-huge-business-1230045

Wow!