I Love Lucy clothing line in the works

Brock

Oh it's from Unique Vintage. Awesome!!! I have some stuff from them. They have really been getting into pop culture lines recently. They've done 2 Barbie lines.

They also have some great social media presence and respected well in the vintage community. They are also size inclusive so us big girls will be able to buy this too.

• Like 1

Vintage clothing is hot right now and especially pop culture lines. Torrid/Hot Topic does tons, Unique Vintage as I said and a few lines from the UK. 

I'm hoping they can get some "well known" Lucy related person to model this line. 

These will be more than just costumes but actually clothing you can wear for day and night. Well at least I will since hats, swing dresses and petticoats are part of my normal dress rotation. 

A Desi smoking jacket would be a nice addition. How nice to see some of the more fashionable costumes becoming actual outfits! 

I don't know the exact style or way to describe it, but Lucy wore a white dress with a floral design on the upper portion in many of the Hollywood episodes. That'd be beautiful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brock said:

I'd love some Desi-inspired neckties. 

That news item did say it was a 12 piece collection. Based on other collections I've seen Unique Vintage do, part of the line is accessories. So maybe they'll throw a bone to the guys and do a necktie. I've noticed that sometimes those ties have a little DA one and it's just another thing I look for while watching. 

58 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I hope hostess pants are part of the line up. Gals need something to wear for all those smart dinner parties they throw!

Heck, if they were available, I’d wear the damn Hostess Pants.

Alternate Idea: Potato sack, Afro wig, and vampire dentures. Available at your nearest Phipp’s.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

I bet I look lousy in a dress- hopefully they put out a line of Fred Mertz trousers that I can wear all the way up to my chin- they’d go perfect with a Golden Gloves 1909 sweater:bill1:

As a English-2nd-language guy once said to me "That's HIGHLY ARIOUS!"

Other cute things he said:  He forgot some detail on a project and said "Sorry.  That fell through my crack."   Meant to call someone a habitual liar but said "he's an obituary liar"; also said this guy was "BOlivious" when he meant oblivious.  I've repeated bolivious so much that to this day I have to stop before I say oblivious to make sure I'm pronouncing it correctly. 

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...

The Unique Vintage Lucy collection is ready. They are having a launch party on March 14th at their store in Burbank. So if you are in the area you can stop by the party.

I'm very excited to see how they interpreted Lucy's looks. I'm planning to buy all the pieces, which hopefully they do the whole line in regular and plus. I'll keep what looks good on me.

Glad I have a birthday in March. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 1:26 PM, Brock said:

I'd love some Desi-inspired neckties. 

I had forgotten that this lineup was a thing and when the thread was “bumped” today, neckties were the first thing I thought of, so ditto to Brock’s original thought. Aside from costumes that were part of a gag, the first thing I think of when it comes to male clothing on ILL is Ricky’s ties.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, Luvsbway said:

The Unique Vintage Lucy collection is ready. They are having a launch party on March 14th at their store in Burbank. So if you are in the area you can stop by the party.

I'm very excited to see how they interpreted Lucy's looks. I'm planning to buy all the pieces, which hopefully they do the whole line in regular and plus. I'll keep what looks good on me.

Glad I have a birthday in March. 

It's been advertised on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/events/137038650924360/?notif_t=event_friend_going&notif_id=1583263559451737

1 hour ago, JoeySoCal said:

Well it looks like some people I know are at least interested. I'm hoping that 2 accounts I follow on IG who said they are going either post videos or go live for some of this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Is that a hint?? :HALKING:

Maybe. The one account is just a vintage girl I follow who I had no idea liked Lucy but was so excited for the launch party. The other is Amber who does Lucy at Universal when Diane isn't. 

The others I saw interested are some lounge members here. 

1 hour ago, Brock said:

Have we had any sneak peek at the Fashion Show-inspired pieces? I'm most curious about that set. Pink Mink or Irish Dandy?

This is all I've seen.

https://www.licenseglobal.com/apparel-accessories/babalu-i-love-lucy-duets-unique-vintage-collection

Updated listed of items is in that link too.

I heard through the grapevine that the pieces are beautiful. 

Well I'll save a bit of money as I do not wear denim. "Little Ricky Blouse and True-Blue Jeans."

Geez!  Sorry, I was an English major (only excuse I can think of) so something "published" that obviously hasn't been fact-checked or proofread really bugs me, so whomever posted the article on the License Global really needs someone to "check" their work before posting, starting with the headline! Pretty sure it should read "Debuts" with Unique Vintage on Collection etc. etc., not "Duets"! Ugh!

Then .. what likely should read "Desilu, too, LLC" is credited as Desilou!!! Sacrilege!!! :HALKING: