LIFE WITH LUCY Coming to DVD Oct. 8 2019

Shemp

I always knew this would get a release.  I seen four episodes on Time/Life's Lucy the Ultimate Collection.  I must say that what I saw is better than 75% of the crap sitcoms of today, i.e. The Conners, Superstore, Man with A Plan and Single Parents just to name a few.  

I hope CBS adds some of Lucy's other work like:  her guest starring role in The Greatest Show on Earth,  The Good Years that aired in 1962 and co-starred Henry Fonda, an episode from the Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse "K.O. Kitty" that aired in 1958 and some great bloopers and interviews.  

• Like 1

I am beyond excited for this. With this coming out, it will mean that the entire Lucy TV series catalog will be COMPLETE! Now everyone will able to see all of the First Lady of TV Comedy's 507 episodes. And I knew it was just a matter of time of this DVD release coming out. Lucille Ball is just too big of a TV star for this TV series to be ignored or forgotten.

LOVE the cover art btw! Great choice, IMO.

The FIRST thing I thought when I saw that cover art was that Mot’s would be so much better. In fact, when I first saw this post, I thought it was a joke! LWL on DVD is a luxury I didn’t think would come at this point. If it’s through CBS/Paramount, what are the chances we could see the show in “film” form and not just “edited to tape” which looks kinda shoddy. It’s crazy to think that all of Lucy’s weekly series are finally available!!

48 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I'm very flattered, but that'd be a bit presumptuous of me. 

Now is NO time to get shy about your stellar work....If I buy them and your art work is NOT the cover, I'm going to screen-grab yours and replace it. 

I could not find a place to pre-order.  Will someone let us know when you can?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

And to think that merely 20 years ago three of them (TLS, HL, & LWL) were rare or "hard to find" among Lucy collectors.

So true....When they put out season 4 of The Lucy Show, I didn't think they'd move on to season 5 because of public domain saturation.  Not only did they do it, they included the beautifully restored "Lucy in London" PLUS an original  "making of" documentary!   Who could ask for more?

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

So true....When they put out season 4 of The Lucy Show, I didn't think they'd move on to season 5 because of public domain saturation.  Not only did they do it, they included the beautifully restored "Lucy in London" PLUS an original  "making of" documentary!   Who could ask for more?

I wasn't too worried about the public domain situation. Because I do recall that CBS/Paramount released various seasons of other TV sitcoms (Andy Griffith Show, Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, etc.) that had public domain episodes in them with no hesitancy. Same situation with the company that released The Dick Van Dyke Show back in 2002. And with Lucille Ball/I Love Lucy being a cash cow for CBS/Paramount, releasing seasons 5 and 6 of TLS would just be another opportunity for them to make easy money.

Do we know at this point who actually owns LWL? I thought it was caught up between the Arnaz's and Aaron Spelling Productions, and the fact that CBS is releasing a show that aired on ABC has me even more confused. At the very least, when CBS put out ILL and TLS, they gave them wonderful treatments, so that's something to hope for.

Does this mean we'll finally get a restored Blu-Ray set of The Ellen Burstyn Show:lucythrill:

15 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Do we know at this point who actually owns LWL? I thought it was caught up between the Arnaz's and Aaron Spelling Productions, and the fact that CBS is releasing a show that aired on ABC has me even more confused. At the very least, when CBS put out ILL and TLS, they gave them wonderful treatments, so that's something to hope for.

Does this mean we'll finally get a restored Blu-Ray set of The Ellen Burstyn Show:lucythrill:

After many mergers and buy outs, the Aaron Spelling library is owned by CBS. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Hmmm. I'm guessing whoever owns LWL granted CBS/Paramount the DVD/Home Video distribution rights to the Life with Lucy series.