Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shemp

LIFE WITH LUCY Coming to DVD Oct. 8 2019

Recommended Posts

mickie    43

That's great news to hear. A two disc set does not sound like there would be many extras but who knows. I hope so. It will be great to have good quality videos of these shows since we have only had the bootlegs for the last 30 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,400

Fantastic news! I too hope there are SOME extras -- including some of the cut scenes we know only through one-second snippets. :D 

That cover art, however...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,079
10 minutes ago, Brock said:

That cover art, however...

It says the artwork “has not been finalized and is subject to change.” Start a campaign like for The Lucy Show season two. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luvsbway    2,090

I heard a rumor about this earlier in the week, but then I had been hearing rumors for years. So happy to see this is FINALLY happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brock    3,400
2 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

It says the artwork “has not been finalized and is subject to change.” Start a campaign like for The Lucy Show season two. 

HAHA! The infamous Season Two package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mickie    43
2 hours ago, Brock said:

Fantastic news! I too hope there are SOME extras -- including some of the cut scenes we know only through one-second snippets. :D 

That cover art, however...

Yes, the cover art needs to change and i am sure it will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Wilson    37

I always knew this would get a release.  I seen four episodes on Time/Life's Lucy the Ultimate Collection.  I must say that what I saw is better than 75% of the crap sitcoms of today, i.e. The Conners, Superstore, Man with A Plan and Single Parents just to name a few.  

I hope CBS adds some of Lucy's other work like:  her guest starring role in The Greatest Show on Earth,  The Good Years that aired in 1962 and co-starred Henry Fonda, an episode from the Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse "K.O. Kitty" that aired in 1958 and some great bloopers and interviews.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mot Morenzi    1,569

At long last! Will be so much nicer than those old taped copies floating around. 

Should I submit my coverart concept to them? LOL

1221478.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil    1,379
2 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

At long last! Will be so much nicer than those old taped copies floating around. 

Should I submit my coverart concept to them? LOL

1221478.jpg

YES YES ....SUBMIT SUBMIT!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrison    107

I am beyond excited for this. With this coming out, it will mean that the entire Lucy TV series catalog will be COMPLETE! Now everyone will able to see all of the First Lady of TV Comedy's 507 episodes. And I knew it was just a matter of time of this DVD release coming out. Lucille Ball is just too big of a TV star for this TV series to be ignored or forgotten.

LOVE the cover art btw! Great choice, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddie2    867

The FIRST thing I thought when I saw that cover art was that Mot’s would be so much better. In fact, when I first saw this post, I thought it was a joke! LWL on DVD is a luxury I didn’t think would come at this point. If it’s through CBS/Paramount, what are the chances we could see the show in “film” form and not just “edited to tape” which looks kinda shoddy. It’s crazy to think that all of Lucy’s weekly series are finally available!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil    1,379
48 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I'm very flattered, but that'd be a bit presumptuous of me. 

Now is NO time to get shy about your stellar work....If I buy them and your art work is NOT the cover, I'm going to screen-grab yours and replace it. 

I could not find a place to pre-order.  Will someone let us know when you can?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrison    107
23 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

 It’s crazy to think that all of Lucy’s weekly series are finally available!!

And to think that merely 20 years ago three of them (TLS, HL, & LWL) were rare or "hard to find" among Lucy collectors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil    1,379
1 minute ago, Harrison said:

And to think that merely 20 years ago three of them (TLS, HL, & LWL) were rare or "hard to find" among Lucy collectors.

So true....When they put out season 4 of The Lucy Show, I didn't think they'd move on to season 5 because of public domain saturation.  Not only did they do it, they included the beautifully restored "Lucy in London" PLUS an original  "making of" documentary!   Who could ask for more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrison    107
13 minutes ago, Neil said:

So true....When they put out season 4 of The Lucy Show, I didn't think they'd move on to season 5 because of public domain saturation.  Not only did they do it, they included the beautifully restored "Lucy in London" PLUS an original  "making of" documentary!   Who could ask for more?

I wasn't too worried about the public domain situation. Because I do recall that CBS/Paramount released various seasons of other TV sitcoms (Andy Griffith Show, Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, etc.) that had public domain episodes in them with no hesitancy. Same situation with the company that released The Dick Van Dyke Show back in 2002. And with Lucille Ball/I Love Lucy being a cash cow for CBS/Paramount, releasing seasons 5 and 6 of TLS would just be another opportunity for them to make easy money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddie2    867

Do we know at this point who actually owns LWL? I thought it was caught up between the Arnaz's and Aaron Spelling Productions, and the fact that CBS is releasing a show that aired on ABC has me even more confused. At the very least, when CBS put out ILL and TLS, they gave them wonderful treatments, so that's something to hope for.

Does this mean we'll finally get a restored Blu-Ray set of The Ellen Burstyn Show:lucythrill:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryCarter    1,079
15 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Do we know at this point who actually owns LWL? I thought it was caught up between the Arnaz's and Aaron Spelling Productions, and the fact that CBS is releasing a show that aired on ABC has me even more confused. At the very least, when CBS put out ILL and TLS, they gave them wonderful treatments, so that's something to hope for.

Does this mean we'll finally get a restored Blu-Ray set of The Ellen Burstyn Show:lucythrill:

After many mergers and buy outs, the Aaron Spelling library is owned by CBS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrison    107
13 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Do we know at this point who actually owns LWL? I thought it was caught up between the Arnaz's and Aaron Spelling Productions, and the fact that CBS is releasing a show that aired on ABC has me even more confused. At the very least, when CBS put out ILL and TLS, they gave them wonderful treatments, so that's something to hope for.

Does this mean we'll finally get a restored Blu-Ray set of The Ellen Burstyn Show:lucythrill:

 

Hmmm. I'm guessing whoever owns LWL granted CBS/Paramount the DVD/Home Video distribution rights to the Life with Lucy series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mot Morenzi    1,569

A lot of shows are owned/released by CBS Paramount that first aired on other networks. CheersWings and Frasier were all NBC broadcasts but are now owned by CBS. 

Aaron Spelling's Dynasty was also an ABC show like Life With Lucy but is now distributed by CBS as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×