LIFE WITH LUCY Coming to DVD Oct. 8 2019

Shemp

15 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Apparently, what gave Jess ammo is that the writers had it in their contracts that Lucy Carmichael was to be based on Lucy Ricardo. So, if it was indeed written into a legal document that Oppenheimer's character was the source material, that could've given grounds for the court to listen. 

Well I suppose.....but I would limit the similarities to the first 2 seasons.  The various writers from the 3rd season on wrote a different Lucy Carmichael than Lucy Ricardo.   Very little of Lucy Ricardo is in Lucy Carter, IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 6:33 AM, Mot Morenzi said:

Sadly, I think you're right. Any cut footage would likely be wherever the negatives are, if they survive. I hope they do somewhere. 

If the  LWL-DVD was produced by either the Lucy Show or Here's Lucy DVD teams, they'll at least TRY to use the best source material and include outtakes, etc.   As much as I want this to complete the Lucy series-on DVD collection, I dread the resurrection of the cruel reviews.  But then again, maybe time will be kinder to LWL.  Younger people who haven't been influenced and  jaded by 40 years of Mame bashing seem to like the movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil said:

If the  LWL-DVD was produced by either the Lucy Show or Here's Lucy DVD teams, they'll at least TRY to use the best source material and include outtakes, etc.   As much as I want this to complete the Lucy series-on DVD collection, I dread the resurrection of the cruel reviews.  But then again, maybe time will be kinder to LWL.  Younger people who haven't been influenced and  jaded by 40 years of Mame bashing seem to like the movie.

And as you've said, LWL only pales in comparison to her previous TV efforts. Compared to some other 1986 shows, it's not that bad. 

Unfortunately, most reviewers will probably only compare it to her other shows and not take it on its own merits, as comparisons are so frequent these days. I hope the reporting critics don't try to politicize it. 

• Like 1

During the 1986-87 season, ABC alone had Growing Pains, Head of The Class, Mr. Belvedere, and Webster. Other networks had Gimme a Break!, The Facts of Life, Amen, ALF, and Designing Women, all of which (from what I've seen) I would consider to be at the very least on the same level as LWL. Lucy just had the terrible problem of coming back after a legacy that was unprecedented. Now, I'm not a Star Wars fan by any means, but wouldn't it kind of be like when they made "The Prequels" after the cultural milestone of the original trilogy of movies? There was just too much success to follow.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered through bullmoose.com (first time doing that) as they had it $5 cheaper than Amazon with free shipping.  According to my tracking it got to my local post office at 6:30a today and is expected for delivery today by 8pm. So we'll see but I am going to be really happy if I get it a day early. 

• Like 1

Got the official "DELIVERED" notification. Now just to get through work and I'm ready for an all night binge. 

I'm heading straight to the extras first. I have most of the Gary Collins stuff but it's going to be nice to see it clearly and for those who haven't seen it, it's a great interview.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mickie said:

I just checked on my order thru Amazon and now its expected to deliver by 11pm tomorrow. Before it was guaranteed by 8pm. Wonder what happened - hope its not getting delayed. Anyone order from Amazon and get any notifications on delivery just yet?

Same thing here 👀

2 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Got the official "DELIVERED" notification. Now just to get through work and I'm ready for an all night binge. 

I'm heading straight to the extras first. I have most of the Gary Collins stuff but it's going to be nice to see it clearly and for those who haven't seen it, it's a great interview.

I’m totally jealous over here in Phoenix 😂

Mine is at the sorting facility. Will be here tomorrow. Does anyone know if this is a bare bones set or if it includes any extras? Excited to finally see the episodes in great quality... It's been awhile. 

What's everyone's favorite episode?

The attached was my created cover art with the low quality video I had obtained. I like the official cover art much better. 

IMG_20191007_172318.jpg