Sign in to follow this  
Brock

I Love Lucy Christmas Special 2019 -- Friday, December 20

The I Love Lucy Christmas Special returns to CBS on Friday, December 20, at 8 p.m.! 

Awaiting word on which episode will be featured after the Christmas episode, but it is NOT a repeat of Pioneer Women, as mentioned by some CBS affiliates. 

Possibly "The Freezer", after the sneak peek we got in the Colorization Documentary?

• Like 1

I saw that press release. SERIOUSLY!  How hard is that to get correct? I'm waiting on Tom's official announcement as that I know I can trust. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, Brock said:

The I Love Lucy Christmas Special returns to CBS on Friday, December 20, at 8 p.m.! 

Awaiting word on which episode will be featured after the Christmas episode, but it is NOT a repeat of Pioneer Women, as mentioned by some CBS affiliates. 

Possibly "The Freezer", after the sneak peek we got in the Colorization Documentary?

And "Paris At Last"

I hope they do The Audition at some stage. Not only do they have that color reference footage, but it'd be a nice addition since it's a remake of the pilot, and therefore represents Lucy and Desi's first filmed comedy routine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

We got a surprise with this December's episode.

Paris at Last is the new colorized episode on Dec 20th. 

Well, at least we know they have colour episodes in the bank! 

Great choice!

32 minutes ago, Brock said:

Well, at least we know they have colour episodes in the bank! 

Great choice!

Agreed about the choice. One of the finest episodes of the series.

But it's make me wonder ... could they possibly be saving The Freezer episode for next Spring? If so, I wonder what episode they will pair it with. Maybe Return Home From Europe (Lucy disguising the cheese as a baby) or Visitor From Italy (Lucy makes pizza)?

Of course they're going through the "Greatest Hits" for these specials, and it's cool that there are so many ILL episodes that have imagery and scenes that are so ingrained in the public conscious that they warrant recognition. Not everybody could tell you the plot of "Paris", but everybody certainly knows Lucy with the snail-eating mechanism on her nose, and to a lesser extent, the brilliant translation train in the bastille. 

Also- this news had me look up the episode on the wonderful "Paper Moon Loves Lucy" Tumblr account, where they point out that the wine Lucy gets at the restaurant is Paul Masson. If you haven't seen Orson Welles' outtakes during his campaign for the product, I highly recommend looking it up on YouTube. It's a real life Vitameatavegamin.

• Like 1

And don't forget in the Paris episode we get to see Bob Carroll Jr. as he stalks Lucy across Europe. And a quick glimpse of Madelyn too.

• Like 2