Things you're still noticing...

Most of us have seen each episode in the Lucy canon tens -- or even hundreds of times -- but what are some of the "new" details you've noticed in recent viewings that you hadn't noticed before or, thanks to the clarity of new sources available to us, are now able to see? 

One mentioned recently was the vinyl material used for Curtis' tie when it ends up in the pasta maker in Life With Lucy. 

Perhaps I'm not observant, but I don't recall noticing until watching The Star Upstairs last night that the Robert Taylor orange, in all its legibly signed glory, is sitting on the ledge above the desk for the entire episode before Lucy has the orange in-hand at the end. I'm now curious as to whether there was a scene cut from the beginning of the episode that would have showcased the orange and its signature, perhaps Lucy taking it out of her marketing bag and putting it in a place of pride. Despite the signature on the "orange" being very different from Robert Taylor's actual signature, the handwriting is meticulous for what was otherwise bound to be a background prop.

• Like 3

I never noticed Ricky was ironing Lucy's signature polka-dot dress in Job Switching until I saw the colorized version.

Colorization also revealed to me the "Beverly Carlton" sign in the LA at Last establishing shot, directly in front of the Pontiac as it pulls in. It's much harder to discern in B&W. So much for the "Beverly Palms"!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At the Comedy Center in Jamestown last year, on display was a pink and gold gown worn by Lucy that the group had trouble identifying. Finally it was determined that this was Lucy’s costume from John Wayne’s Swing Out, Sweet Land, but without the floor length vest she wore over it. While watching Lucy and the Generation Gap today, I had the realization that this was the same costume Lucy wore as Mrs. Julius Caesar. I somehow never made the connection before. Maybe the long wig and crown jazzed it up a bit more. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

At the Comedy Center in Jamestown last year, on display was a pink and gold gown worn by Lucy that the group had trouble identifying. Finally it was determined that this was Lucy’s costume from John Wayne’s Swing Out, Sweet Land, but without the floor length vest she wore over it. While watching Lucy and the Generation Gap today, I had the realization that this was the same costume Lucy wore as Mrs. Julius Caesar. I somehow never made the connection before. Maybe the long wig and crown jazzed it up a bit more. 

It's crazy how many different places clothing turned up. And in different forms such as this. It really feels like it takes some group thinking to figure it out.

The purple dress at the LD museum was another one in discussion. Seems like the collar on that one changed. 

• 3 months later...

Watching "Lucy's Night In Town" out of the corner of my eye while working from home this afternoon, I noticed something I hadn't before. At the end, when The Most Happy Fella lets out just as the gang is about to go in, Bill approaches Hazel and she very firmly dismisses him.

1 hour ago, Brock said:

Watching "Lucy's Night In Town" out of the corner of my eye while working from home this afternoon, I noticed something I hadn't before. At the end, when The Most Happy Fella lets out just as the gang is about to go in, Bill approaches Hazel and she very firmly dismisses him.

Masher. 

2 hours ago, Brock said:

I always look forward to that split second. 

I watched “Lucy and the Lost Star” the other night and never noticed before that it’s clear that someone off camera is handing off the stools to Joan that she gives to Lucy and Viv.