Solotaire Commercial

10 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I hope the Pivot Pool commercial with “Fast Lucy” makes it to YouTube. 

I've never seen this Solitaire commercial.   Is that Lucy's "Lucy the Sheriff" outfit?    The "Fast Lucy" ad is the only one of these Lucy-MiltonBradley commercials I remember.  The set of the Pivot Pool commercial--a pool hall?-- was very obviously the Unique Employment office doors.  Lucy walks in "I've got my swimming suit.  Where's the pool?"  Gangster (?): "It ain't that kind of pool, lady."   Then she hustles them at the game.  As she's leaving, gangster says: "What did you say your name was?" "Lucy.....FAST Lucy".    Pivot looked like such a cheap game.  Those brittle plastic parts looked like they would break easily and that would be the end of playing the game.   Because as Lucy said "If it hasn't got a PIVOT, it isn't Pivot Pool".  

How many of these commercials were there?

49 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

Pivot Pool must have gotten more airplay because that seem to be the one everybody remembers. 

I think there were just commercials for Solotaire, Pivot Pool, and Body Language. Body Language is my favorite because it includes Mary Jane. 

Body Language is my favorite because we went to the tapings of the game show of the same name! Fond memories and I still smile when I think of Richard Simmons "serenading" Lucy with "Babalu" :HALKING:

6 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Body Language is my favorite because we went to the tapings of the game show of the same name! Fond memories and I still smile when I think of Richard Simmons "serenading" Lucy with "Babalu" :HALKING:

I was watching the 2 Body Language episodes Buzzr showed today and scanning the audience to see if I recognized anyone. One group had a big Love Lucy sign. I thought maybe that was some of the fan club members. 

On 8/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, Luvsbway said:

I was watching the 2 Body Language episodes Buzzr showed today and scanning the audience to see if I recognized anyone. One group had a big Love Lucy sign. I thought maybe that was some of the fan club members. 

Keen eye, Shelly! Forgive me but since it's been eons, hopefully won't leave anyone out and this is more from freeze-framing that all-too-brief moment but in attendance @CBS Television City Hollywood (Studio 33 to be exact, home to "The Carol Burnett Show" for 11 years and forever -- then  and now -- to "Price Is Right", among others), were:  Rick Carl, Tom Watson, Richard Brock, Neil Wilburn, Dave Woodman (confirmed) and me; fellow fan Larry Pane may have been present too but would be "hidden" by banner, if so.

Does it bug anyone else that iconic Studio 33 was renamed the "Bob Barker Studio" in honor of same's years as TPIR host when IMHO it should have been named after Burnett??! :HALKING: