Brock

The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread

2 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

How neat you got to see her in person, and speak with her! What did you ask/talk about?

It was brief, of course, but we did joke around a little (how many people can say they’ve made Carol Burnett laugh:lucywow:), and I asked about her sharing a workspace with Red Skelton (as I recently mentioned in the Judy thread), because I don’t think it’s an aspect of her time on the show that usually gets mentioned. She’s extremely kind and approachable, and not in a phony way. There’s a reason she can still sell out a 2,500 seat theater at big prices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

It was brief, of course, but we did joke around a little (how many people can say they’ve made Carol Burnett laugh:lucywow:), and I asked about her sharing a workspace with Red Skelton (as I recently mentioned in the Judy thread), because I don’t think it’s an aspect of her time on the show that usually gets mentioned. She’s extremely kind and approachable, and not in a phony way. There’s a reason she can still sell out a 2,500 seat theater at big prices.

You made Carol laugh. Wow. There's something to tell the grandkids!

Good question re: Red Skelton! There are so many topics she tends not to be asked about or bring up. Personally, I'd love to know about her snubbing the later years of Mama's Family or suing Family Guy, but I'd never have the guts to ask THOSE questions. Kudos for sticking to the positive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Carol will be reprising her role as Jamie's mother on the Mad About You reboot!

Helen Hunt recently shared a selfie from the set with CLORIS LEACHMAN as well! This is really shaping up to be a must-see.