The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread

As posted in the Hot In Cleveland thread, Carol has been cast as Wendie Malick's mother in the next season of Hot In Cleveand, in an episode also featuring Tim Conway!

http://tvline.com/20...-carol-burnett/

That's awesome! I bet Carol and Bettys' characters will be at odds with each other, fighting over Tim! Shades of Eunice and Ellen!

As posted in the Hot In Cleveland thread, Carol has been cast as Wendie Malick's mother in the next season of Hot In Cleveand, in an episode also featuring Tim Conway!

Wel

Well, there's yet another ep i'll have to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Carol is getting the Mark Twain Prize for Humor in October! :HALKING:

Carol Burnett, it’s time to pull your best dress from the closet (and preferably not one that has been
of your stately mansion) because you’ll be needing it at a celebratory gala. On Tuesday the John F. Kennedy Center said that Ms. Burnett, the actress and star of “The Carol Burnett Show,” had been named the winner of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, its annual award for “people who have had an impact on American society in ways similar” to the prize’s namesake.

In addition to her 11 years as host, star and ceremonial ear-lobe puller on her CBS variety show, Ms. Burnett has appeared in films including “Annie” and “Noises Off” and on television shows including “Glee,” and is the author of memoirs like “Carrie and Me: A Mother-Daughter Love Story.” Before playing characters like Starlet O’Hara in sketches on her show, she gained attention in the Broadway musical “Once Upon a Mattress” and on TV performing the song “I Made a Fool of Myself Over John Foster Dulles.”

David M. Rubenstein, the Kennedy Center chairman, said in a statement: “From her television program and appearances, as well as her performances on Broadway and in film, Carol Burnett has entertained generations of fans with her vibrant wit and hilarious characters. We are delighted to pay tribute to this unique and beloved entertainer.”

Ms. Burnett said in a statement, “I can’t believe I’m getting a humor prize from the Kennedy Center. It’s almost impossible to be funnier than the people in Washington.”

Previous winners include Ellen DeGeneres, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey and Bill Cosby. Ms. Burnett will receive her prize on Oct. 20 at a ceremony that will be taped for a PBS broadcast on Oct. 30. There was no immediate word if Ms. Burnett would take questions from the audience before the ceremony.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/21/carol-burnett-to-receive-mark-twain-prize-for-humor/

I'm very happy to see they are honoring actual comedic legends again.

• 1 month later...

Oh? Did she predict the sex of the (forthcoming (so to speak!)) baby???

Unfortunately not, but a further dream last night predicted the kid is going to be "Princess Mary Rose". :blink: If that is right, I'm joining La Toya Jackson on the Psychic Friends Network.

Thought she got her big break with I FELL IN LOVE WITH JOHN FOSTER DULLES?

That was indeed her big break, but she had been working in television prior to that. She was a regular on the Buddy Hackett sitcom Stanley and made other variety show appearances before she hit it big with "I Made a Fool of Myself Over John Foster Dulles."