The Eldest Surviving Lucy Co-Stars

Richard Crenna died in 2003. Janet Waldo is still active at an undetermined age (possibly 93).

Yeah, i remembered Crenna being gone but forgot about you guys always talking about Janet. So Peggy was the heavy set woman on the shows, not Rita Shaw heavy but heavier than lets say a Mary Jane. Peggy seemed to have a SWEET Betty White air about her.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dance, Girl, Dance's Mary Carlisle is still alive at 99! She would be the eldest now, correct?

Groovy! I didn't know she was still alive. I guess she would be the elder stateswoman in this group then.

1. Mary Carlisle

2. Tony Martin

3. Harry Morgan

(if Mary Stewart is still alive, she'd bump Harry out of the top three)

Mary STUART passed in 2002, according to my chart. I'm trying to get a full chart of Lucy-connected stars still on this side of the grass ready. Spent about 4 hours on it already; getting there. Then, if the table won't copy and paste in here, I'll have to get even more creative, and that's something I'M NOT!!!!

Groovy! I didn't know she was still alive. I guess she would be the elder stateswoman in this group then.

1. Mary Carlisle

2. Tony Martin

3. Harry Morgan

(if Mary Stewart is still alive, she'd bump Harry out of the top three)

Mary STEWART is still alive; thanks for the heads up; b. 1/14/14, according to IMDb; I shall add her today.

Of course, that could mean an extra chapter COVERING the coverage of HER 100th birthday.

That's why I waited! Too much p.r. to enter surrounding the 100th date; plus, then, what I hoped would be lots MORE for the 60th... still editing as I go along, and nearly caught up on the other 'stuff'; so, hopefully, by the end of this important year, it'll be in the hands of the publisher.

That's why I waited! Too much p.r. to enter surrounding the 100th date; plus, then, what I hoped would be lots MORE for the 60th... still editing as I go along, and nearly caught up on the other 'stuff'; so, hopefully, by the end of this important year, it'll be in the hands of the publisher.

Great news honey, don't forget to submit a pic for the back cover so we can finally see what you look like!

Brock says he has a picture of me somewhere; ask him to post it - I don't have any on computer, and not smart enough to know how to put it on if I did.

But dun't the book publishers always ask thee author to submit a pic of themselves for the back cover or inside the book itself? Harry got away with not having one but that doesn't mean you have to pull the same trick.

I just thought of another person who I believe would now make our top three: Patricia Morison. She played Edweena Collins, Lucy's rival for the affections of Keenan Wynn, in Without Love. She also did the Camel Cigarette commericals on Lucy and Desi's Ed Wynn Show appearance. Her year of birth is uncertain - it's either 1914 or 1915, making her 97 or 96.

I just thought of another person who I believe would now make our top three: Patricia Morison. She played Edweena Collins, Lucy's rival for the affections of Keenan Wynn, in Without Love. She also did the Camel Cigarette commericals on Lucy and Desi's Ed Wynn Show appearance. Her year of birth is uncertain - it's either 1914 or 1915, making her 97 or 96.

Thanks a million, Harry: Mixed her up with the 'other' Barbara Morrison, I guess. In any event I've, today, added her to 'our' list; keep 'em coming... she also appeared with Bill Frawley in Persons in Hiding, 1939; and Lady on a Train, 1945...

I've ALSO added to the listing(s) on pp 8,9, in addition to Barbara Morison, alive; Richard Albrecht, alive; Jerry Antes, alive

Fondly, JK

• 1 year later...

Patricia Morrison is still performing. I saw her last year at a benefit in LA and she sang "Getting to Know You" to a bunch of children.

Lucy's Without Love costar Patricia Morison turned 99 (98) yesterday. I believe she's the oldest Lucy costar after Mary Carlisle that we're aware of.

Another person to add to our list is 95 year old Marsha Hunt, who appeared in Lucy's Thousands Cheer sketch.

Patricia Morrison is still performing. I saw her last year at a benefit in LA and she sang "Getting to Know You" to a bunch of children.

The great actress who played Lou Grant's wife was Patricia Morrell, right? She also played the wife when one of the Golden Girls had an affair with her hubby and he died.

Archived