Clip of Desi Sr & Jr on the MIL

vivfantoo*

This is a cute clip of Desi Sr & Jr on an episode of The Mothers-in-Law. Desi Sr is playing a bullfighter from Spain who is visiting & also looking for American acts for a show he is doing in Mexico.

There is a funny exchange between Jr & Sr at around the 2 minute mark -- great line by Desi Sr & the audience roared :marionstrong: . Sr also does a wonderful rendition of the Straw Hat song, doing some funny footwork with four female dancers.

I love the ending when Desi Sr brings Desi Jr to the front of the stage for applause -- you can tell how proud he is of his son. I bet they had a lot of fun working together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCsz_wJcDo

This is a cute clip of Desi Sr & Jr on an episode of The Mothers-in-Law. Desi Sr is playing a bullfighter from Spain who is visiting & also looking for American acts for a show he is doing in Mexico.

There is a funny exchange between Jr & Sr at around the 2 minute mark -- great line by Desi Sr & the audience roared :marionstrong: . Sr also does a wonderful rendition of the Straw Hat song, doing some funny footwork with four female dancers.

I love the ending when Desi Sr brings Desi Jr to the front of the stage for applause -- you can tell how proud he is of his son. I bet they had a lot of fun working together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCsz_wJcDo

What a treat it was to see that again after so many years. The old man still had it, a talent for performing that was unsurpassed.

What a treat it was to see that again after so many years. The old man still had it, a talent for performing that was unsurpassed.

Wow that was great to watch! The opening theme song is so 60s! lmfao. So was that rendition of "Straw Hat."

But one question; who were Desi Jr./Sr. supposed to be portraying? Should I look up an episode synopsis?

But one question; who were Desi Jr./Sr. supposed to be portraying? Should I look up an episode synopsis?

No, you should buy the entire series! :D

Desi Jr. played Eve and Kaye's neighbourhood grocery boy and Desi Sr. played bullfighter Rafael Delgado, who struck up a friendship with Eve and Kaye after they called by accident. They called him in Spain from Los Angeles so he could, in turn, call their husbands after they were locked in a department store.

• 2 years later...

I found another clip of Desi singing the straw hat song, but it doesn't show him bringing Desi, Jr to the front of the stage at the end. Couldn't find the clip of Jr & Sr together. (In case you missed the date, I originally posted this in 2011 :) )

Enjoy! Desi does a great rendition of the song here.

I found another clip of Desi singing the straw hat song, but it doesn't show him bringing Desi, Jr to the front of the stage at the end. Couldn't find the clip of Jr & Sr together. (In case you missed the date, I originally posted this in 2011 :) )

Enjoy! Desi does a great rendition of the song here.

That was so great to see. Thanks for posting it.

• 2 years later...

Archived