What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

Always wanted to mention this, in the olden days, I Love Lucy would be shown in any way they wanted, the channels showing the series would put on the shows willy nilly, she's pregnant today, tomorrow's show she's not even pregnant, the kid was just born the next day and they are childless the day after that.  So annoying, but today, MOST channels show them in sequence which is so much better, now that it's considered the classic it always was.  Although, for some reason, Comedy Gold shows the one episode in the apartment while the Hollywood episodes are being broadcast, you'd think one person would catch that but no, every time they are played, they do that again.

The Sublease

:desi1: Think you're playing with kids? Hmm! Here it is. "The lessee has the right to sublet the apartment in question" The lessee that's us and this is the apartment in question.

:lucythrill: Ha-ha!!

:bill1: Read on. Read on.

:desi1: "The lessee has the right to sublet the apartment in question with the with the approval of the lessor."

:bill1: And that's us "Mr. and Mrs. Fred Lessor"

:viv1::lol: Well, what do say to that Minnehaha?

:lucyshock: Well, I don't see how that changes anything. We-well, you certainly have to approve somebody we bring in here?

You don't have enough blu-ray/laser discs/DVDs/VHS/cassettes/8-tracks in your repertory to get you through the weekend??? :blink:

I just wanna see Lucy on regular tv, do you mind?  LOL!  You guys have ME TV and Hallmark and all sorts of sources, all we have here is Comedy Gold, they should show her on weekends also.  IMO of course.

Today, it was The Saxaphone and then Ricky buys those pearls for Lucy from Grace Foster, that hussy!

Lucy's "hands on her hips" while on the scaffold in The Anniversary Present (and the outcome) is one of the great underrated Lucy reactions on the series, IMO. It never fails to make me laugh.

• Like 1

Lucy's "hands on her hips" while on the scaffold in The Anniversary Present (and the outcome) is one of the great underrated Lucy reactions on the series, IMO. It never fails to make me laugh.

That's the problem, we've seen those damned shows so often that we no longer laugh at the regular stuff but now notice other THINS instead.  The clean freak in me feels bad about that paint getting on Mrs Foster's couch, but i love the enthuseasm the actress brings when the secret is out.  But you're right, there are SOME scenes that still make us laugh after so many viewings.  My fave in this one is listening through the furnace pipes, i wanted to quote it in LINES that remind one of a show but i couldn't remember the guy's name, ALBERT?  Will you go and eat your lunch . . . 

That's the problem, we've seen those damned shows so often that we no longer laugh at the regular stuff but now notice other THINS instead.  The clean freak in me feels bad about that paint getting on Mrs Foster's couch, but i love the enthuseasm the actress brings when the secret is out.  But you're right, there are SOME scenes that still make us laugh after so many viewings.  My fave in this one is listening through the furnace pipes, i wanted to quote it in LINES that remind one of a show but i couldn't remember the guy's name, ALBERT?  Will you go and eat your lunch . . . 

It always bugged me that she got paint on her face and in her mouth. Isn't that a bit dangerous? 

PS I think the guy in the furnace was Wilbur, not Albert. Either way that whole thing ranks as one of my favorite scenes of the entire series, just for the performances of the two voice actors.

It always bugged me that she got paint on her face and in her mouth. Isn't that a bit dangerous? 

PS I think the guy in the furnace was Wilbur, not Albert. Either way that whole thing ranks as one of my favorite scenes of the entire series, just for the performances of the two voice actors.

I'm sure it wasn't real paint, probably cake batter or something like that.

I wanna know what the paint was. Ever notice that the pearls fall off her. And they end up covered in paint too.

Like Lucy would allow them to get paint all over her hair, paint back then had to be removed from one's hands with varsol which stank and was pretty potent stuff.  It sure looks like cake batter before it goes in the oven.  And you can even EAT that, it's sweet and tastes pretty good.

Lucy Hires A Maid

Mrs. Porter: Now, I must have Wednesday afternoons off and every weekend. I can't possibly come before nine in the morning, and I must leave before seven at night. 

:lucyhorror: oh.

Mrs. Porter: Oh course, you have an automatic dish washer?

:lucyhorror: no, we don't.

Mrs. Porter: A dryer?

:lucyhorror: no.

:lucywow: Uh, but we have a, we have a garbage disposal and a washing machine.

Mrs. Porter: Well.

:lucywow: And a television set, 21-inch screen.

Mrs. Porter: I'll take the job.

:lucywow: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. May, I help you off with your coat. 

I had no idea yesterday's two eps were the last before Lucy announced today that she is preggers.  I have seen this show and so often too, never thought it was hilarious but always found it very moving.  Today, however, maybe because i'm old and everything touches me lately, i wept easily as i knew the emotions both were feeling.  I laughed also as this is very well written, and the jokes are there all right.  I can't believe that after sixty years, the same show can be seen by us fans in a totally different way.  This particular show is one of the best, like i said, funny, deeply moving, REAL and well acted by all.