What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

Whaddya do, offer to "tich her to roomba"?? lucythrill.JPG

Should have, she was over forty but looked twenty five, was absolutely gorgeous and she teaches fencing, her son's an actor who had a part in Pirates of the Carebean and lives in London. And she tipped me with imported chocolates so we're now engaged!

Beginning this week "I Love Lucy" will be back on Hallmark along with The Golden Girls, Frasier, Cheers, and they added "The Bob Newhart Show". :P

She is back!!!! I watched Lucy getting equal rights, insulting Caroline Appleby's baby boy Stevie, and telling Ethel, Caroline and Marion the absolute truth!!! Welcome back :ill: on Hallmark!!!!

Going through the last disc of season 6....just watched "Raises Tulips" and moving on to "Building a Bar-B-Q"

First time watching Lucy on my new flatscreen. Not used to seeing it pillarboxed yet.

"pillarboxed "?? Not heard that term before! But once you get used to it, it's hard to go back to the regular "square" version! What kind/size/etc. didya get?? (Loves me the toys!) :D

"pillarboxed "?? Not heard that term before! But once you get used to it, it's hard to go back to the regular "square" version! What kind/size/etc. didya get?? (Loves me the toys!) :D

Yeah, letterboxing is what most people are used to: watching a widescreen program on a 4:3 TV with black bars on the top and bottom.

Pillarboxing is, obviously, the opposite: 2 black pillars framing a 4x3 image on a 16x9 display.

My TV's a Vizio 26" one, 1080p display. I wish I could've gone with a 32", buc the logistics of my setup don't really allow for it. But it's been nice.

Yeah, letterboxing is what most people are used to: watching a widescreen program on a 4:3 TV with black bars on the top and bottom.

Pillarboxing is, obviously, the opposite: 2 black pillars framing a 4x3 image on a 16x9 display.

My TV's a Vizio 26" one, 1080p display. I wish I could've gone with a 32", buc the logistics of my setup don't really allow for it. But it's been nice.

You just MAKE IT allow for it, i have a 50 inch and as soon as i can afford a 70 inch, i'm going for it, i have Texas type eyes i guess.

Lucy wants Dorothy happy by marrying Bob but makes Ricky unhappy by being part of the arrangement. Ricky humiliates Lucy in front of Bob and Dorothy. The next morning Lucy makes a lousy breakfast for Ricky. They have a huge argument and Ricky leaves. Later, very early the next day, he brings flowers,candies, and a heartfelt apology to Fred for what he did to Lucy. Dorothy and Bob send a telegram that they have eloped and Ricky gives flowers to Lucy and candy to Fred and Ethel. Ricky is full of emotion and Lucy kisses him.

I know what you mean, when I bought mine last year I really wanted a 50" but logistically 46" was better, so I "settled" for that size but you know what? I'm perfectly fine with it as it looks much bigger here at home than it did in the store!* :D

But I think you'd agree, no matter how big your screen size, once you've gone flatscreen & HiDef, it's hard to go back to watching a "regular" TV! ;)

*When the ex visited recently for the first time since I'd bought it, his reaction was, "Wow that thing is HUGE!" Unfortunately, he was referring to the TV!.... Badum - bum! marionstrong.gif

So, the tv image kept getting cropped up on the BIG SCREEN as it was panoramic instead of square, so i get a new tv with the same hoorizontal image and what does that damned fox station do, they now crop it from both sides to fit in their call letters, the bastards! I refuse to watch that station anymore. Not only do they all show their logos, and ID which ruins copying of any kind, but now they're running crawls at the bottom as if they were CNN and this cropping on both sides was just the last straw. LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE has been changed at my house to LEAVE MY TV SCREEN PICTURE ALONE!

Lucy Ricardo announcing to the world that Phipps is a great big GYP!!!!

Lucy knocks over a hard object on top of a Hollywood Talent Scout that wants to offer Ricky a starring role in a Hollywood Movie.

Lucy's part in Ricky's screentest will make her into a STAR so she needs to be in disguise to hide from her adoring fans.

Lucy Ricardo announcing to the world that Phipps is a great big GYP!!!!

Lucy knocks over a hard object on top of a Hollywood Talent Scout that wants to offer Ricky a starring role in a Hollywood Movie.

Lucy's part in Ricky's screentest will make her into a STAR so she needs to be in disguise to hide from her adoring fans.

Oh my God, i have been dying to see the Phipps one again, all these references to it make me yearn to laugh at that one again.

Lucy's mother has written a screeplay that she wants Mickey to deliver to Dory Shary. Lucy's mother also wants to go to Hollywood with them. Micky feels everything has gotten out of control and is angry at Lucy for talking the Mertzes into coming along with them to Hollywood. Ethel overhears Mickey complaining and the Mertzes decide to not to go. Lucy's mother hears that the Mertzes are not going so she thinks it is her fault so she decides not to go. Lucy decides not to go if her mother isn't. Lucy explains to Ethel that Micky is mostly barking nonsense about them being horninskys and taggalongs. So Ethel and Fred thaw out from their anger and decide to change their minds. Lucy's mother changes her mind when the Mertzes do and Lucy changes her mind when her mother does. Micky decides that they should all go and he will stay home.

I was dining at the Brown Derby waiting for my dessert. I saw a blonde woman in a booth across from me tap on Eve Arden's shoulder and asking her something. I saw a red head woman in the same booth flirting and making direct eye contact with Bill Holden. I saw this same woman bump into the waiter that was carrying my dessert and it landed in Bill Holden's face.

I was dining at the Brown Derby waiting for my dessert. I saw a blonde woman in a booth across from me tap on Eve Arden's shoulder and asking her something. I saw a red head woman in the same booth flirting and making direct eye contact with Bill Holden. I saw this same woman bump into the waiter that was carrying my dessert and it landed in Bill Holden's face.

Did you have a the Derby salad? They take this salad and toss it in a Derby hat!