What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

Lucy gets drunk on a vitamin supplement and interrupts Ricky's television performance.

Lucy pretends to be a princess of a foreign country (no one has heard of) while pretending to be a fan of Ricky Ricardo.

Ricky guesses correctly the answers to a radio quiz show. Lucy thinks he is a genius and gets Ricky on the show as a contestant.

Lucy gets Ricky late for a dinner engagement with his new boss. Ricky is humiliated and puts lucy on a schedule.

Guess this goes in with Lucy trivia; but, this morning, early, watched the Anniversary episode, where Desi is buying pearls for Lucy - in close proximity, last evening, to Japan episode, with Bob Cummings, and the issue of a pearl necklace - Lucy tells Ethel her $2.98 necklace she has had for years, is not the same as REAL pearls, and Lucy ends up with real ones in Japan;

.... back to I Love Lucy's Anniversary Episode, and Desi buying real pearls for Lucy for their anniversary!!!!

I have yet to hear anyone here mention that....

Lucy and Ethel enter a contest to win new furniture. Ricky buys tickets to a broadway show and Lucy won't go until the contest is over because the winner must answer the phone when they call. Ricky asks Fred to call Lucy and tell her that she won the furniture. Lucy receives the call and sells all her old furniture. She and Ethel wallpaper the Ricardo's bedroom. Ricky comes home and finds out that Lucy sold the old furniture and he buys it back at a higher cost than it was sold. Later Fred discloses that he didn't have the nerve to make the call to Lucy.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched season one's "Men are Messy" last night. Not a particularly good one but it's interesting how the final segment was basically reworked for season four's "Mr and Mrs. TV Show" and is twice as hilarious there. This episode just didn't jell although of course Lucy was funny with her hillbilly shtick.

I watched season one's "Men are Messy" last night. Not a particularly good one but it's interesting how the final segment was basically reworked for season four's "Mr and Mrs. TV Show" and is twice as hilarious there. This episode just didn't jell although of course Lucy was funny with her hillbilly shtick.

"Men Are Messy" is one of my favorites from season 1. I think it's hilarious from start to finish! If I had to compare the two, and I love "Mr. and Mrs. TV Show" as well, I think I like "Men Are Messy" a wee bit better! :peachonthebeach:

:lucy1: Woaaahhhhhh, I've got an itch!

:hlLOL: :hlLOL:

"Men Are Messy" is one of my favorites from season 1. I think it's hilarious from start to finish! If I had to compare the two, and I love "Mr. and Mrs. TV Show" as well, I think I like "Men Are Messy" a wee bit better! :peachonthebeach:

:lucy1: Woaaahhhhhh, I've got an itch!

:hlLOL: :hlLOL:

Probably my biggest problem with the episode is that Ricky is so out of character being such a slob (although I really didn't find it that funny before Lucy's revenge). It's kind of like the "Lucy is Jealous of Girl Singer" two episodes later which I just watched where Ethel is a real troublemaker in this one, I hate to see our beloved Ethel Mertz being such a dirt-digging shrew. These were so early in the series though the characters were not totally established yet I guess.

I did enjoy "Jealous" a lot though as well as the episode between these, "The Fur Coat" which I also watched tonight.

Anybody remember what episode it was where Lucy gets stuck in the trunk and the old man dances a jig and sings a song or something? I can't for the life of me remember what episode that's from and I've been trying to find it and watch it.

i-love-lucy-complete-fifth-season-dvd.jpg

THE PASSPORTS

Episode #138 - Aired December 19, 1955 (Fifth Season)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...