What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

Lucy's Fake Illness which I haven't seen in years. One of those silly ones but saved by Lucy's total commitment to the material. Her Tallulah is fantastic. I don't think they expected her "What's what, darling?" to get such a prolonged laugh.

I'd forgotten the whole teaching Lucy a lesson with an elaborate diagnosis was remade with Dr. Lloyd Bridges.

Like so many other recycled plotlines.

• 2 weeks later...

How many times have talked about the show's lack of continuity? :lucyhehe: THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN, at last count.

And COUNTING....we're not done!

"Equal Rights"--another example of an excellent episode which I throw up to anybody who says ILL is just slapstick. Other than Lucy's obviously connected stack of dishes, everything in this one is possible. ILL is the only show that could bounce back and forth between wild and realistic plots seamlessly. Well, I guess Dick Van Dyke would be another, but they didn't go AS wild as ILL. Can you imagine Laura Petrie going on TV as Isabella Klump to sell her salad dressing?

Making a deadbeat diner pay for his dinner by washing dishes is one of those recurring situations that I only know from TV and movies. I wonder if this ever actually happened in real life.

Tonight as I watched PREGNANT WOMEN ARE UNPREDICTABLE, I thought of two things, the show has been helped by having so many great musical standards on it, tonight it was that great song HEAVEN which they dance to. AND as I looked closely at Lucy's hair, I was floored by how intricate it is, front, back even sides, Irma did a fine job on Lucy's own hair before she ever resorted to wigs.

I'm OUTRAGED and am planning a poison pen letter writing campaign directed at Kansas CBS affiliates KTVH-channel 6 of Wichita, KTVC-channel 7 of Ensign and KAYS, channel 12 of Hays, Kansas.

It may be a little late to get those involved fired since it's from a February 1965 TV Guide, where I discover that all three stations aired the CBS feed of morning reruns: "Andy Griffith" and "The McCoys" (not to be confused with "The REAL McCoys") at 10 and 10:30am, but opt OUT of running CBS's offering of I Love Lucy at 9:30.

Instead the programming masterminds gave you Kansas kids these ratings-grabbing shows.

6- FRANCES ELLIOT--Interview

7- KANSAS SCENE

12- A NUMBER OF THINGS- Variety.

Anthrax enclosed in the envelope is too good for these people. I can't imagine the angst these 1965 Kansas kids suffered.

Portland dared NOT to do the same thing. After my crayoned letter writing campaign that single-handedly convinced CBS to talk Lucy into a third season of The Lucy Show, they knew NOT to fool around with ME and dutifully ran I Love Lucy and The Lucy show from 1959 to 1972--with two years off for Candid Camera (66 to 68)---which I had to let go because I had run out of crayons.

However this same CBS affiliate ran their corny "Hi, Neighbor!" local variety show instead of CBS's feed of Here's Lucy in 1977, but somehow kept it from me that CBS had scheduled the reruns. (What do you think of 'Hi, Neighbor'?...."BYE, Neighbor!") It was late in the run before someone fell asleep at the switch and aired a CBS promo feed advertising the morning show but by then it was too late to mount a full-blown protest. I think it only ran on CBS for 6 months, which by my math is just shy of all 144 episodes getting an airing. It would be 4 more years before it was offered into syndication and yes, the same CBS affiliate here, fearing my wrath, picked it up and ran it late afternoon 5 times a week.

I'm OUTRAGED and am planning a poison pen letter writing campaign directed at Kansas CBS affiliates KTVH-channel 6 of Wichita, KTVC-channel 7 of Ensign and KAYS, channel 12 of Hays, Kansas.

It may be a little late to get those involved fired since it's from a February 1965 TV Guide, where I discover that all three stations aired the CBS feed of morning reruns: "Andy Griffith" and "The McCoys" (not to be confused with "The REAL McCoys") at 10 and 10:30am, but opt OUT of running CBS's offering of I Love Lucy at 9:30.

Instead the programming masterminds gave you Kansas kids these ratings-grabbing shows.

6- FRANCES ELLIOT--Interview

7- KANSAS SCENE

12- A NUMBER OF THINGS- Variety.

Anthrax enclosed in the envelope is too good for these people. I can't imagine the angst these 1965 Kansas kids suffered.

Portland dared NOT to do the same thing. After my crayoned letter writing campaign that single-handedly convinced CBS to talk Lucy into a third season of The Lucy Show, they knew NOT to fool around with ME and dutifully ran I Love Lucy and The Lucy show from 1959 to 1972--with two years off for Candid Camera (66 to 68)---which I had to let go because I had run out of crayons.

However this same CBS affiliate ran their corny "Hi, Neighbor!" local variety show instead of CBS's feed of Here's Lucy in 1977, but somehow kept it from me that CBS had scheduled the reruns. (What do you think of 'Hi, Neighbor'?...."BYE, Neighbor!") It was late in the run before someone fell asleep at the switch and aired a CBS promo feed advertising the morning show but by then it was too late to mount a full-blown protest. I think it only ran on CBS for 6 months, which by my math is just shy of all 144 episodes getting an airing. It would be 4 more years before it was offered into syndication and yes, the same CBS affiliate here, fearing my wrath, picked it up and ran it late afternoon 5 times a week.

GIVE'EM HELL HARRY, ER I MEAN NEIL!

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy Writes a Play. Love how low budget the plays were. Ricky is wearing a Hawaiian shirt to portray a poor tobacco picker.

Also noticed in both this episode and the previous one, Lucy fakes illness, Lucy has a bandaid on her ring finger. Must have cut it bad to be there 2 weeks in a row.