What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

So I was watching some season one episodes (no wise cracks, Claude) last night and I found something a little ironic. So I watched Drafted for the first time in a couple of years, so the episode is centered around the men going into the army and the girls having a baby. Then in The Audition and the pilot, Ricky thinks Lucy is hinting of spectin' a baby at the end of the episode.

It was my understanding that the mention of being pregnant was frowned upon then, because of the whole conceiving thing. So how did they get away with these mentions? Or is it the sight of one actually being pregnant or centering it all around the pregnant swan. I just found this all a bit ironic.

But CBS and the sponsors should have known they would end up having a baby eventually. C'Mon, they started everything off with her being spectant! ;)

So I was watching some season one episodes (no wise cracks, Claude) last night and I found something a little ironic. So I watched Drafted for the first time in a couple of years, so the episode is centered around the men going into the army and the girls having a baby. Then in The Audition and the pilot, Ricky thinks Lucy is hinting of spectin' a baby at the end of the episode.

It was my understanding that the mention of being pregnant was frowned upon then, because of the whole conceiving thing. So how did they get away with these mentions? Or is it the sight of one actually being pregnant or centering it all around the pregnant swan. I just found this all a bit ironic.

But CBS and the sponsors should have known they would end up having a baby eventually. C'Mon, they started everything off with her being spectant! ;)

Yeah, I think it was more the SEEING her pregnant and having KIDS wonder how she got so fat and separate beds and the word PREGNANT and so on.  TV was a new medium and the rules weren't clearly stated yet.  I'm in season one also right now on Comedy Gold and today it was  Lucy fixing up Miss Lewis with Mr Ritter and I forgot how good that one was, well except for the TWENTY OR MORE KIDS she was hiding, when the humor was not based on reality, forget it, too cartoonish.  Then it was Lucy having a case of the Goldbloots, another one I was not looking forward to but again, like Matchmaker before it, has it's moments.  Especially Lucy doing her Tallulah imitation. 

Been having Hallmark Channel on in the mornings ... they were in season six for about four or so days but have started over again with season one. I sometimes wish they would do one or two more separate, distinct cycles (one for each hour... 5a, 6a, & 7a) instead of just doing one for all showtimes. They burn through an I Love Lucy cycle so fast that it can be difficult for some to keep up. But for me personally, a better idea would reduce I Love Lucy to an hour and add two episodes of each The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy to fill the other two hours. And with that fourth hour on the weekends, they can fill that with The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour. That would be perfect. That would be total LUCY-MANIA. But that's just a dream because I know realistically that won't happen as Hallmark Channel isn't interested and the fact that the general public are more into and familiar of ILL and not the other Lucy programs.

It would feel like Nick At Night in the 90's when Here's Lucy was the only missing one.

In a way, yes. But Nick-at-Nite treated Lucy better with respectable times, special marathons, complete runs and creative promos. But back in those days, Lucy aired along side with other programs of the 50s, 60s, and 70s and did better than most (if not all) in terms of ratings power. It's not that way at all with Hallmark Channel. They have newer programs and Lucy airs in the graveyard time slots.

Today's "Nick-at-Nite" and "TV Land" if you will is, of course, MeTV and Antenna TV. And MeTV is the one that has the rights to I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show and The Lucy-Desi Comedy HourHere's Lucy is again the one that's missing assuming they don't have the rights to air it and the fact that it has never been apart of any of their past schedules. But even with MeTV, their treatment of Lucy doesn't even compare to Nick-at-Nite's. It boggles my mind that they air I Love Lucy in the mornings and not during prime-time. It has been this way since the national launch of the station. And with The Lucy Show, it was their newest addition in June of this year only for it to air in a graveyard slot. Their past, not-as-recognizable new additions have had better treatment like That Girl. That show started out in prime time and shortly thereafter was moved to the mornings and aired there for several months. The Lucy Show didn't even get that. It simply aired in the mornings for three months and boom it got dropped. It was basically replaced by ILL in September. With The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, they aired that only in the summer 2012 in a two hour prime-time block and it hasn't been back since. MeTV has never had all three shows going at once like Nick-at-Nite in the 90s. It doesn't mean it is doomed for that to happen but it seems unlikely as TLS and TLDCH can only be aired for a short period of time without being pulled off the schedule.

I am quite interested in what MeTV has to say in regards to adding The Lucy Show and then removing it three months later. They didn't finish the show's cycle either.

Maybe their reasoning is they wanted to take a short break from ILL and still have Lucy apart of their daily schedule (thus had TLS fill in for ILL)?

• 3 weeks later...

I watched "The Handcuffs" when I got home from work tonight. Despite the many great moments this episode has, including the bedroom scene and the musical number at the end, I always find myself most looking forward to Will Wright's appearance as Mr. Walters. He steals his entire scene and makes such a memorable impression for just a one-off character, not unlike Kathryn Card as Minnie Finch.

I watched "The Handcuffs" when I got home from work tonight. Despite the many great moments this episode has, including the bedroom scene and the musical number at the end, I always find myself most looking forward to Will Wright's appearance as Mr. Walters. He steals his entire scene and makes such a memorable impression for just a one-off character, not unlike Kathryn Card as Minnie Finch.

This is another one of my top episodes.

"I'll give you $5 if you can get outta this one."

That's so true, watched it also myself and missed his part, so I caught it the next time it played.  The part at the end seemed much better than I remembered it.  I looked at HER nails and wondered how naked she must have felt without nail polish.

Wish Comedy Gold would run the shows on weekends, I miss her terribly, and a nice marathon once in a while would help matters.  I think I've only seen one marathon of the show so far and after half the eps they started repeating from the beginning again, like there aren't enough shows of this series or something.