What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

Lucy Raises tulips

:viv1: Operator, get me the village hardware store, quick. Hello Mr. Becks, this is Mrs. Mertz. You know that power lawnmower that you sold....I'm fine thank you... You know that power lawnmower that you sold...uh? He's fine too, thank you....You know that power lawnmower you sold to the Ramsey's?....Well how do you turn it off?... Oh, Mr. Becks, I haven't got time to look at a book of instructions. Mrs Ricardo  is outside and she is on the thing, and she is going around in circles!....Yes in circles! Huh?

:lucydaze: ETHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

:viv1: Oh, Mr. Becks, she's not going around in circles anymore!!! She, She's running amok!!!!

• Like 1

The Fur Coat

:angry: Hands up and keep them up!!!What's in this box?

:desi1: Please, Mr. Burglar, take our money, take our jewels but don't take my wife's mink coat. It's worth $3,500 bucks.

:mellow: Oh! Is that real mink?

:lucyshock: No. no. It's mink-dyed imitation skunk! :lucyeww: Eww! Smells awful! You wouldn't want it!!!

I love the way she lifts the coat when he says he's going to shoot her, so she says go ahead but moved the coat so it won't get hit.

Got home too late for The Freezer, but caught the second one, Lucy does a tv commercial.  Side note to Shel, her hair here, my God, i dunno if it's the HDTV or Fibe or the clearness of these new prints but you can see how perfect her hair is, every curl, every part of her majestic head just flawlessly perfect.  I still say this IS the very best of the entire series, perfect from beginning to end.  Number two can be a three way tie with Chocolates, grapes and William Holden.

Meh... :lucymeh:

Points docked for lack of Viv.

She didn't need Viv or anyone else, she ruled for the whole half hour, her best achievement on the series, then, later, Viv helped a bit in the William Holden one so watch that one instead.  Nobody can cut pasta with scissors better than Viv, LOL!

Lucy Fakes Illness

:desi1: Lucy I'm Home!

:lucyhmm:  Hello Darling!!!

:desi1:  Hello.

:lucyhmm:  How things go at rehearsal, Darling!!!

:desi1:  Fine. How'd here go things at home?

:lucyhmm:  Oh, frightful, Darling. The phone woke me up at the crack of noon. Noel called. We chatted till 1:00. I bathed till 2:00, turned down scripts until 3:00. Then Noel Darling sent me the most Darling present. Oh, yes it was a Darling Cadillac. You should really see it, Darling, it's Darling.

She didn't need Viv or anyone else, she ruled for the whole half hour, her best achievement on the series, then, later, Viv helped a bit in the William Holden one so watch that one instead.  Nobody can cut pasta with scissors better than Viv, LOL!

Forget it boss, give it up he'll never get on the "Viv Train" or ever think she needed anyone but her talented self to carry the show.  :blink:

In that case maybe she should have done it all herself, writing (adlibbing?) the scripts, directing herself (not that she didn't eventually do that later anyway!), dress/costume herself, do her own hairstyling, run all the cameras, cables and lights and seat the audience to boot!  :HALKING:

As talented and a marvel that she was, I'm sure even SHE would admit she could never have carried on all alone!! Well...at least not for very long! :lucywow:

Forget it boss, give it up he'll never get on the "Viv Train" or ever think she needed anyone but her talented self to carry the show.  :blink:

In that case maybe she should have done it all herself, writing (adlibbing?) the scripts, directing herself (not that she didn't eventually do that later anyway!), dress/costume herself, do her own hairstyling, run all the cameras, cables and lights and seat the audience to boot!  :HALKING:

As talented and a marvel that she was, I'm sure even SHE would admit she could never have carried on all alone!! Well...at least not for very long! :lucywow:

I'll quote Desi here, "THE NEW YORK TIMES ONCE ASKED ME TO FIGURE OUT WHO DESERVED THE CREDIT FOR I LOVE LUCY, I SAID GIVE LUCY 90 PERCENT AND SPLIT THE REST BETWEEN THE ACTORS, WRITERS, DIRECTORS AND EVERYBODY ELSE."  

It'll be hard tomorrow to beat today's two shows, The Freezer and Vitameatavegamin are such great shows, they'll be hard to top.  Every movement by Lucy, well, we've memorized all her moves over the decades but it is so flawless, just exquisite as comedic performing goes, she should have won an Emmy for that episode alone.

Breaking The Lease

:viv1:  -_- Yes, don't you remember? You begged me on bended knee to give you a lease just so that no one else could have this fantastically inexpensive, lovely apartment.

:lucymeh: Oh, you mean that one-sided, unfair, binding contract that we were forced to sign before you grant us the privilege of moving into this broken-down hovel?

Lucy's schedule 

:lucyhorror: Pork chops? Oh They're my favorite.

:gale1: Oh, then you would have looovvved these. They were stuff and about that thick.

:lucyhorror: About that thick?

:gale1: And the potatoes were a masterpiece!!!

:unsure: Now, Alvin!

:gale1: But they were, my dear, they were. Baked with big globs of cheese aaannnd  buuutttter!

:lucyhorror: Big globs of cheese and butter?

• Like 1